The Capture Operations and Excellence (CO&E) organization has a mission to provide best-in-class capture expertise, infrastructure, processes, and tools as key enablers for growth as we partner with Line Operations to win strategic, needle-moving opportunities. The Senior Vice President (SVP) of CO&E is an executive management position responsible for leading a ~200 person organization charged with managing the companies industry-leading capture and proposal operations processes.
The SVP shall:
- Provide thought leadership, fact-based analysis and insights, and leading-edge thinking
- Utilize business modern tools and analysis to support and drive enterprise strategy and related growth initiatives
- Thrive in an environment where they understand the company’s strategic priorities and make critical decisions to ensure the adequacy of talent and resources to achieve growth targets
- The ideal candidate has a proven track record in capturing new business, running successful captures, pipeline management, and large geographically-displaced teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 20+ years of related experience in the federal government services business
- Collaborative skills with a record of accomplishment in building and maintaining strong relationships and incorporating diverse perspectives
- Self-motivated, assertive, resourceful, and self-confident disposition with the ability to act with urgency and an ability to anticipate and respond quickly to business requirements
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking ability, problem solving skills, and degree of judgment
- High degree of emotional intelligence, displaying candor and integrity at all times
- Proven team player approach with extensive experience managing, mentoring, and leading teams
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Exceptionally strong oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with key internal customers at senior levels of executive and Line management and decision makers at the highest levels of the corporate structure
- Demonstrated ability to influence constructively and establish strong partnerships with staff, Line managers, and peers in the Functions, Groups, and across Leidos
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and concurrently and think through complexity and ambiguity; make thoughtful, integrated, timely and meaningful decisions; and take corresponding actions
- Ability to connect (and present) complex ideas and identify strategic actions that need to be taken to expand the business
- A proven history and bias for action, results-oriented mindset and an orientation towards solving rather than solely identifying problem areas
- Demonstrated experience leading local and geographically-dispersed teams of at least 50 personnel
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in winning large scale Federal Government and International new business opportunities over $500M
- Experience with commercial sales models and processes
- DoD Secret clearance or equivalent
- Master’s degree
- Sustained demonstrated experience leading a major defense contractor business development organization
- TS/SCI clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.