Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTER!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Python backend Software Developer with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems. Based in DevOps framework, participate in major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development life-cycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
- Participate in software development to support innovation and enhancement of customer applications using Python
- Develop and integrate custom developed software solutions to leverage automated deployment technologies
- Develop, prototype and deploy solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
- Support the Agile software development life-cycle following Program SAFe practices
- Use industry leading DevOps tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet, Unix bash scripting
- Leverage Atlassian tool suite JIRA and Confluence to track activities
- Document and Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments
- Coordinate closely with team members, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to ensure User Story alignment and implementation to customer use cases
- Analyze (though proof of concept, performance, and end-to-end testing) and effectively coordinate infrastructure needs driven by developed software to meet customer mission needs
- Apply and identify best practices and standard operating procedures
- Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers
- Proficient with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and development best practices
- Extensive experience in using Python, GitLab, Spark, and ElasticSearch
- Use of industry leading tools like JIRA, GitHub, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting
- Extensive knowledge of the software development life-cycle
- Extensive experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Well versed with using version control systems
- Well versed with using issue/problem tracking systems
- Candidate must have BS with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Puppet
- Experience with Angular
- Experience with MapReduce, Oozie, Hadoop, Pentaho, Hive, Pig
- Experience with SAFe development practices
- AWS Certified Developer or DevOps Engineer
- Experience in AWS Data management services
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.