Reinvent yourself at Leidos! Uncover your potential by becoming a member of our team.
Leidos currently has an opening for an enthusiastic Machinist who enjoys working in a vibrant and challenging research and development environment. You will work with fellow Leidos Team members in a modern machine shop on Kirtland AFB developing cutting edge directed energy systems. If you like to operate CNC and manual lathes and mills, program CNC machines using Mastercam, working with technicians and engineers to design components, and interpreting SolidWorks design drawings then this could be the job for you! If you have good machine skills, are motivated, have time-management skills and work well with others we want you on our Team.
Fun roles you will do on the job:
• Operate CNC and manual mills and lathes.
• Program CNC mills and lathes using Mastercam.
• Assist technicians and engineers in designing components.
• Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand requirements.
• Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job.
• Select appropriate machines and position or load material for a job.
• Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine etc.
• Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues.
• Check output to ensure consistency with requirements.
• Perform routine machine maintenance.
This is you:
• High school diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years of applicable experience
• Ability to obtain a DoD secret security clearance
• Proven experience and skill as a machinist
• Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, mills, etc.)
• Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers, micrometers) to take accurate measurements
• Knowledge of the properties of metals and other materials
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship
• Active DoD security clearance
• Mastercam proficiency
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.