The Lead Systems Administrator works independently with minimal supervision providing network and systems administration for the Infrastructure and Deactivation & Remediation contractors at the Portsmouth site as well as the DOE site office. The ideal candidate will lead a small team of Sys/Net Admins through technical knowledge and guidance; responsible for coaching and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
- Directly supervises a small team of System and Network Admins
- Leads Network Administration of Switches, Firewalls, Wireless, and Routers
- Provide primary support and management of the IT server infrastructure and hosted systems.
- Support first-tier technical staff with the resolution of more complex issues related to software tools, applications, databases, networks, and system access.
- Analyze and resolve hardware and software problems for end users, with primary emphasis on server/network-related issues.
- Provide troubleshooting support for IT staff.
- Recommend hardware and software solutions to meet end user and IT needs.
- Support Cyber Security compliance and audit preparation in coordination with the Cyber Security Team.
- Consults with internal departments to identify customer needs and include into both operational and project objectives.
- Remain conversant with the industry’s computer security technology and practices with technical skills and applicable experience with related technologies.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance at a Q level.
- Bachelor’s degree or four-year college, vocational, or technical program beyond high school with emphasis in computer science or Telecommunication System Management AND four years directly applicable experience; or Masters with a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to collaborate with technical staff and customers in forming strategies to improve performance.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
- Technical skills and applicable experience with related technologies such as: Cisco Firewalls FTD and ASA, Switches IOS/IOSX/NEXOS, Cisco Wireless Infrastructure. Microsoft Windows and Server Operating Systems; Microsoft SQL server; VMWare View, vCenter, vSphere; Microsoft SCCM, System Center Suite and Patch Management, O365, Active Directory; SAN Infrastructure;; Disaster recovery/contingency planning; ScienceLogic SL1; RestorPoint; DFS Namespace and Replication, DNS, DHCP; Microsoft Certificate Authority, SSL certificates, KMS licensing.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- DOE site experience strongly preferred
- Active TOP SECRET clearance
- Related industry-recognized certifications MCP, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, Network+ and/or VMware VCP preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.