Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. (Leidos Culture)
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Cyber Security Watch Officer to work as part of a team in the JFHQ-DODIN Operations Center (JDOC) on our GSM-O II Program at Fort Meade, MD. As member of the team, you will obtain and maintain a working knowledge of the current status of Orders issued by JFHQ-DODIN and subordinate organizations. You will also provide near real time situational monitoring of an aligned AO to achieve, sustain, and present a near real time situational understanding of the AO’s operational environment.
This is a shift-work position. You may be assigned to a day-shift, swing-shift (afternoon), or mid-shift (overnight) which will potentially include weekends and/or holidays.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of the DoD and COCOMs . It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation and support to DISA’s mission partners.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Tracking ongoing operations, the posture and disposition of friendly forces and adversary activity
- Monitoring, consuming and analyzing operational, intelligence, and incident reporting
- Monitoring and querying Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools (ex. Splunk, ArcSight, McAfee Network Security Manager, etc.) for anomalous activity
- Collecting, analyzing and distributing Indicators of Compromise (IOC) in support of the development and implementation of DOD countermeasures
- Developing metrics to measure the effectiveness of practices and controls to mitigate threats and vulnerabilities; and develop dashboards that illustrate the effectiveness of risk mitigation over time.
- Coordinating DODIN Operations and Defensive Cyber Operations with DOD cyber components; obtain situation reports, incident response efforts, and obtain information for briefings, presentations, or other situational awareness products used to inform senior leadership
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline + 4 years of related experience. Additional related experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Security+ or equivalent IAT Level II certification
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Share point
- Knowledge of Windows and/or Unix operating systems
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN design and general internetworking technologies
- Knowledge of security principles, approaches, and technologies (Defense-in-Depth)
- Knowledge of IT security architecture and design (firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, Endpoint protection)
- Experience briefing Senior Leaders
- SIEM Tool Experience
Clearance Required: DoD TS/SCI
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.