Leidos is seeking a part-time chemist/data validator to support multiple environmental characterization projects. This individual will work under the direction of a project chemist to implement validation guidelines on packages of inorganic, organic, or radiological data received from analytical laboratories. The validator will evaluate lab reports for completeness, assess quality control results, and assign validation flags to reported concentrations based on the validation criteria. The validator will prepare written narratives to describe the validation findings and will write quality assurance/quality control reports.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Review and evaluate data obtained from laboratories to ensure that they meet the quality requirements associated with project requirements and regulatory programs.
- Routine communication and coordination with data management staff to ensure overall project objectives are satisfied.
- Part-time role (20 hours a week)
- B.S. or associates degree in chemistry or other science.
- At least one year of experience performing chemical analyses in a laboratory or at least one year of experience validating chemical analytical data.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational, scheduling and writing skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Effective communication and interactive personal skills.
- Familiarity with environmental data validation practices/policies/procedures especially the Department of Defense Quality Systems Manual and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency National Functional Guidelines for Data Review.
- Familiarity with radiological, inorganic, and organic laboratory methods, QA/QC elements, and record keeping.
- Experience with data management software such as MS Access and SQL.
- Familiarity with laboratory instrumentation systems.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Pay Range:Pay Range $38,350.00 - $59,000.00 - $79,650.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.