Leidos is seeking a part-time chemist/data validator to support multiple environmental characterization projects. This individual will work under the direction of a project chemist to implement validation guidelines on packages of inorganic, organic, or radiological data received from analytical laboratories. The validator will evaluate lab reports for completeness, assess quality control results, and assign validation flags to reported concentrations based on the validation criteria. The validator will prepare written narratives to describe the validation findings and will write quality assurance/quality control reports.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Review and evaluate data obtained from laboratories to ensure that they meet the quality requirements associated with project requirements and regulatory programs.
- Routine communication and coordination with data management staff to ensure overall project objectives are satisfied.
- Part-time role (20 hours a week)
- B.S. or associates degree in chemistry or other science.
- At least one year of experience performing chemical analyses in a laboratory or at least one year of experience validating chemical analytical data.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational, scheduling and writing skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Effective communication and interactive personal skills.
- Familiarity with environmental data validation practices/policies/procedures especially the Department of Defense Quality Systems Manual and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency National Functional Guidelines for Data Review.
- Familiarity with radiological, inorganic, and organic laboratory methods, QA/QC elements, and record keeping.
- Experience with data management software such as MS Access and SQL.
- Familiarity with laboratory instrumentation systems.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Pay Range:Pay Range $38,350.00 - $59,000.00 - $79,650.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.