The Intelligence Group at Leidos is looking for an IT Systems Administration professional to be our program’s Infrastructure and Platform Manager who is familiar with security governance for Enterprise IT, Business Systems, and IT services in the federal government.
The Infrastructure and Platform Manager is responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware. Responsibilities include management of systems infrastructures, implementing best practices to identify and recommend system functional specifications, configuration of physical and virtual systems, backup and recovery of IT infrastructure. Support duties include updating and supporting systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, implementing critical patches, reviewing systems performance logs to identify anomalies, and troubleshoot issues.
The Infrastructure and Platform Manager will work at our customer site in Stennis Space Center, MS for a near future award. We are excited to start a new effort supporting a federal agency’s datacenter optimization and modernization. Upon award, we will provide seamless support while transforming the service management to the most modern frameworks, standards, and methodologies.
As an Information Technology Systems Administration professional and Infrastructure and Platform Manager, your duties include:
- Manage Team Leads supporting the infrastructure / platforms / applications of a Hybrid Computing Environments using virtual and physical hardware.
- Manage support of VM, UNIX OS, MS OS, Database, SAN, Network, applications, “As a Service” services, datacenter HW/SW, cloud service provider systems, and services at co-location sites.
- Brief C-staff, Government Management, and contractors on the state of operations within the infrastructure, networking appliances, MS OS platforms (Physical and Virtural), UNIX OS Platforms (LINUS, RedHat, Solaris, etc.), Databases (SQL, Oracle, Access, etc.), Storage Arrays (SAN, NAS, etc.), services / systems spanning across Data Center and Cloud Service Providers (hybrid computing), services deployed from “as a service” offerings, and hosted / support applications.
- Supervise staff in multiple technical specialties supporting the maintenance and operations of a hybrid computing environment.
- Must be familiar with management of support within IT Service Management tools such as ServiceNow or Remedy.
- Working to high availability and security of the infrastructure and platform within the Hybrid Computing Environment in order to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables.
- Managing the infrastructure and platforms for entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas, services, systems, and locations.
- Managing large infrastructure and platform projects or processes impacting on the achievement of service level requirements for the datacenters, cloud services, and co-locations.
- Developing solutions to complex technical issues and problems impacting multiple areas or disciplines within the Hybrid Computing Environment
- Employing ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions and systems in order to achieve objectives, improve services, and optimized performance.
- Communicating with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members throughout CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Communicating with suppliers, vendors, sub-contractors, government, supported customer and other parties external to the organization.
- Working to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Employing expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
Leadership & Talent Management:
- Leads up to 6 team leads with more the 20 personnel supporting Enterprise Data Center and Cloud services.
- Bachelor degree and 8 or more years of prior relevant experience OR Master Degree with 6 or more years of prior relevant experience OR Doctorate Degree in related field.
- 3 years of experience supporting Enterprise IT or large business systems
- 3 or more years of experience as a System Administrator or Network Administrator or Database Administrator in a large enterprise IT support organization
- Experience using Configuration Management Databases
- Experience using an IT Service Management suite of tools such as ServiceNow, Remedy ITSM
- IAT-II Certification
- Must obtain ITIL 4 Foundation in IT Service Management certification within six months of hire date
- Performed maintenance of infrastructure and platforms (virtual, physical, private cloud, public cloud) activities for an enterprise IT organization conforming to ITIL V3 or ITIL 4
- IAT-III Certification
- ITIL 4 Foundation in IT Service Management certification
- ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver & Support certification
- ITIL 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value certification
- ITIL 4 Specialist High Velocity IT certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.