The Intelligence Group at Leidos is looking for an IT Technology Management professional to be our program’s Service Desk Manager who is familiar with security governance for Enterprise IT, Business Systems, and IT services in the federal government. The Service Desk Manager will support the Enterprise Mission Operation Center (EMOC).
The Service Desk Manager provides leadership for those involved in supporting operation of one of more IT and systems functions supporting program and client’s processes and technical information system platforms. The Service Desk Manager is responsible for incident and problem analysis, selection and modification of enterprise systems, application software, installation of network hardware/software and database management to restore services to close incidents and direct problem management to resolve issues affecting the service or services. Provides direction for the effort required to protect the client's data, tools and information systems. Ensures infrastructure architecture standards maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility.
The Service Desk Manager will work at our customer site in Stennis Space Center, MS for a near future award. We are excited to start a new effort supporting a federal agency’s datacenter optimization and modernization. Upon award, we will provide seamless support while transforming the service management to the most modern frameworks, standards, and methodologies.
As an Information Technology Management professional and Service Desk Manager, your duties include:
- Managing the service desk to cover 24x7x7, including weekends and on-call as needed. Must be open to a flexible work schedule.
- Draft, develop, and assist in the implementation of triage / incident resolution / problem resolution / service request fulfillment policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership assistance, guidance and coaching to your Tier 1/Tier 2 Incident management shift leads, Problem management team lead, and Service Request management team lead.
- Works with Knowledge management, Configuration management, Release management, Change Enablement, and IT Asset management to ensure optimal operational support.
- Use the Knowledge Management database tools to resolve incidents, problems, and service requests and make continual improvement recommendations.
- Use Omni-channel communications for input and output to the service desk management tool (ServiceNow) such as instant messaging, chat sessions, email, and phone conversations.
- Coordinate and collaborate with external teams such as engineering, architecture, program management office, security services, and cloud service providers for design recommendations, engineering issues, problem resolutions, and continual improvements.
- Manage and respond to events and alerts by systems and security services notifications. Make recommendation to engineering and security services for thresholds for monitoring and events.
- Support end-users, client management, and client’s customer’s management by providing information, metrics, and other queries to the service desk.
- Ensures coverage on weekends, second shifts, and third shifts and conduct spot checks of support during all shifts.
- Ensure shift changes hand-overs / debriefs are conducted and provide advanced scheduling of shifts and holiday coverage.
- Inform your staff on the forward scheduled of change, patching scheduled outages, and other service-impacting events.
- Providing measurable input to the government and program manager regarding problem and incident resolution processes for new products, changed/added processes, or new standards in operational plans in order to implement organizational strategies.
- Developing plans with trade-off analysis and options when problems, incidents, and issues faced are unclear. This requires understanding of broader set of issues within the portfolio of services.
- Coordinating potential solutions and changes to systems or services with government, program management office, architecture engineers, service engineers, network engineers, support staff, and others as needed by the particular project or customers.
- Communicating with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members throughout CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Communicating with suppliers, vendors, sub-contractors, government, supported customer and other parties external to the organization.
- Communicating verbally and in writing to influence, educate, and inform others on policies, practices and procedures.
- Utilizing advanced knowledge and skills in enterprise IT service desk operations, processes, and best practices.
Leadership & Talent Management:
- Manages several small to mid-sized team consisting of experienced professionals.
- Manages direct reports who are in charge of shifts and technical teams.
- Leads, directs and reviews the work of team who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Provides primary input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance and rewards decisions for direct reports.
- Bachelor degree and 5 or more years of prior relevant experience OR Master Degree with 3 or more years of prior relevant experience OR Doctorate Degree in related field.
- Supervisory experience of 2 or more years leading a team.
- 1 year or more of experience managing a 24x7x7 service desk supporting Enterprise IT or large business systems
- 1 year or more of experience using ITIL or Help Desk Institute best practices.
- 1 year or more of experience managing 30 or more personnel in IT support activities.
- 3 years of more of experience using an IT Service Management System suite of tools such as ServiceNow or Remedy.
- Experience using Configuration Management Databases
- Experience using an IT Service Management suite of tools such as ServiceNow, Remedy ITSM
- IAT-II Certification
- Must obtain ITIL 4 Foundation in IT Service Management certification within six months of hire date
- Performed service desk management activities for an enterprise IT organization conforming to ITIL V3 or ITIL 4
- IAT-III Certification
- ITIL 4 Foundation in IT Service Management certification
- ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver & Support certification
- ITIL 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value certification
- ITIL 4 Specialist High Velocity IT certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technology Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.