The Intelligence Group at Leidos is looking for an IT Technology Management professional to be our program’s Common Operations Support Manager in charge of leads performing IT Asset Management, Knowledge Management, Measurement and Reporting Management, Service Release Management, Service Configuration Management, and Service Change Enablement. The Common Operations Support Manager should be familiar with security governance for Enterprise IT, Business Systems, and IT services in the federal government. The Commons Operations Support Manager will support service delivery in a Multicloud and Data Center environment with multiple locations supporting our client’s customers.
The Common Operations Support Manager provides leadership for those involved in supporting operation of one of more IT and systems functions supporting program and client’s processes and technical information system platforms. Responsible for meeting deliverables for IT assets, knowledge for supporting current and future services, providing measurements / metrics / reporting for services, overseeing releases of services or changes to services within the Multicloud environment, and supporting change enablement/ configuration management.
The Common Operations Support Manager will work at our customer site in Stennis Space Center, MS for a near future award. We are excited to start a new effort supporting a federal agency’s datacenter optimization and modernization. Upon award, we will provide seamless support while transforming the service management to the most modern frameworks, standards, and methodologies.
As an Information Technology Management professional and Common Operations Support Manager, your duties include supporting the Hybrid Computing Environment providing Multicloud and data center hosted services as follows by is not all-inclusive:
Managing resources to support IT Asset Management.
- The assets include hardware, software, digital assets, licenses, and cloud services.
- Positive control includes inventory and tracking of locations to include ensuring hand receipt documentation, recording, and reporting.
- Knowledge to oversee specialists maintaining RFID inventory system.
- Knowledge to oversee specialists maintaining IT Asset Management (ITAM) records within the client’s IT Service Management and / or Property Management system.
Managing resources to support continual updating and maintenance of Knowledge Management for the Hybrid Cloud Environment support.
- Draft, develop, and coordinate documents and records to increase efficacy and efficiency of support activities, increase availability of services, and enable rapid restoral of services.
- Develop techniques and procedures for organizing, locating, and enabling access to relevant knowledge and expertise required to address specific business tasks in our knowledge base.
Managing resources to support Measurement and Reporting Management.
- Draft, develop, and coordinate measurement processes, metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs), practice success factors (PSFs), service level agreements (SLAs), service level requirements (SLRs), Acceptable Quality Levels (AQLs), and requested business data.
- Develop meaningful reports related to measurements for instant, constant, and periodic reporting deliverables.
Managing resources to support Service Release Management.
- Coordinate and collaborate with project managers, the PMO, engineering, and other groups to ensure comprehensive planning and coordination of service releases, update releases, and other releases such as security, quality, or improvement releases.
- Ensure scheduling of operations resources to support releases.
- Ensure continual communication relating to releases.
Managing resources to support Service Configuration Management.
- Draft, develop, and coordinate documents and records to provide configuration information, status, and accuracy for the IT assets under the control of this contract..
- Develop means to communicate configuration to all stakeholders.
Managing resources to support Service Change Enablement.
- Draft, develop, and coordinate documents and records to enable successful changes to the control IT assets and services within the purview of this contract.
- Develop techniques and procedures for improving the change management process under the client’s regulations and governance.
- Coordinating potential solutions and changes to systems or services with government, program management office, architecture engineers, service engineers, network engineers, support staff, and others as needed by the particular project or customers.
- Communicating with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members throughout CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Communicating with suppliers, vendors, sub-contractors, government, supported customer and other parties external to the organization.
- Communicating verbally and in writing to influence, educate, and inform others on policies, practices and procedures.
- Utilizing advanced knowledge and skills in enterprise IT operations, processes, and best practices.
Leadership & Talent Management:
- Manages several small to mid-sized team consisting of experienced professionals.
- Manages direct reports supporting technical teams.
- Leads, directs and reviews the work of team who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Provides primary input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance and rewards decisions for direct reports.
- Bachelor degree and 5 or more years of prior relevant experience OR Master's Degree with 3 or more years of prior relevant experience OR Doctorate Degree in related field.
- Supervisory experience of 2 or more years leading a team.
- 1 year or more of experience supporting Enterprise IT services or large business systems.
- 1 year or more of experience using ITIL best practices.
- 1 year or more of experience managing 10 or more personnel in IT support activities.
- 3 years of more of experience using an IT Service Management System suite of tools such as ServiceNow or Remedy.
- Experience using Configuration Management Databases
- Experience using an IT Service Management suite of tools such as ServiceNow, Remedy ITSM
- Must obtain ITIL 4 Foundation in IT Service Management certification within six months of hire date
- Performed service desk management activities for an enterprise IT organization conforming to ITIL V3 or ITIL 4
- IAT-II or IAT-III Certification
- ITIL 4 Foundation in IT Service Management certification
- ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver & Support certification
- ITIL 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value certification
- ITIL 4 Specialist High Velocity IT certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technology Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.