The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a DevOps Engineer in Hanover, MD.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for building and managing development and production environments for an IC Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM) system. In this DevOps role you will have software development; scripting and administration responsibilities. You will also be responsible for deploying updates to a highly available load balanced system consisting of a large number of servers.
- Setting-up and maintaining an ongoing a continuous build/ integration infrastructure for multiple environments.
- Writing build and deployment scripts.
- Enabling successful release management by moving code from Development and Testing environments to Staging and Production.
- Documenting and coordinating with developers and leadership on releases.
- Change tracking tools (e.g. Redmine, JIRA, etc.)
- Managing/installing software on web application servers (preferably JBoss)
- Working with Linux, including Perl and bash
- Working with Docker containers and troubleshooting related performance issues
- Training and supporting developers on processes for source control, through build automation, merge resolution, CI, test automation, deployment.
- Public Key Enabling (PKE)
Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
Bachelor's Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines and 4 or more years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4 years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 8 years.
Experience with Linux
Experience with Java or other higher level programming language
Experience with Perl and Bash is highly desired
Knowledge of source code control management systems and build automation (i.e., Bitbucket, Sonar Nexus, Jenkins, etc.) and code branching/merging strategies
- RESTful services, web services, and SOAP services.
- Application servers and containers (Oracle Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat).
- Programming with Java and Perl
- LDAP (RedHat directory).
- Secure web (SSL) and file encryption.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.