Are you ready to unleash your potential?
We have an opening for a Payroll Administrator to join our team based out of Glasgow, Scotland. Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
As the Payroll Administrator, you will support the UK Payroll Manager in delivering accurate and timely payroll to employees currently based out of the UK. This is an exciting role with the ability to take on additional payrolls in Europe as business continues to expand
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and experienced in working under pressure to meet strict deadlines and business requirements. The successful candidate must be a quick learner, flexible, and be able to adapt quickly to the Company, culture and environment.
- Be familiar with a payroll processing cycle and the ability to meet critical deadlines. Experience with Workday, ADP Freedom, ADP iHCM2 and ADP Streamline is strongly preferred
- Be responsible for day-to-day administration and process high volumes of information relating to Payroll to coordinate business processes with HR and Finance teams to ensure data is efficiently sent to Payroll each period for processing
- Understand manual pay calculations and pro-rations related to new starters and leavers & leave of absences in relation to payroll
- Review tax calculations, deductions and pensions and electronically archive related documentation
- Review employee time sheets for completeness and work with Timecard administrators for adjustments on an ad hoc basis
- Deal with vendor and employee queries and respond to all queries timely
- Comply with filing and record retention requirements
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving issues relating to payroll
- Work with the Payroll Manager to support all internal and external audits relating to payroll to ensure that systems have been appropriately configured to handle all gross to net calculations
- Assist the UK Payroll Manager in setting up local payrolls in foreign countries throughout Europe as needed; while ensuring full compliance to local labour and tax laws
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- Have a minimum of 5 years payroll experience
- Proficient in UK taxable compensation and national insurance
- Have a strong understanding of employee benefits, including salary sacrifice, as they relate to payroll withholdings, and with pension schemes
- Have working experience of HRIS Systems such as Workday, PeopleSoft or SAP
- Be willing to learn about payroll regulations in foreign countries
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be flexible and able to work using own initiative
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.