Standard Army Ammunition System (SAAS) Operator
Systems Support & Innovations Division (SSID) is currently seeking a SAAS Operator for the Camp Buehring ASP in support of the ASP/TSA program in Kuwait. Reports to the Camp Buehring SAAS Supervisor.
• With direction received from SAAS Supervisor, plans and accomplishes inventories of all stocks; managing, coordinating, and controlling requirements, receipt, issue, transfer, location change, verify information provided on customer DA Form 1687, accept E581 from Total Ammunition Management Information System (TAMIS), disposition of ammunition, turn-in residue, ammunition components and packing materials.
• Provide technical assistance to customers.
• Participates in the planning and coordinating of ammunition inventories to ensure the proper carrying out of the overall inventory functions.
• Participates in causative research on stock record balances not agreeing with inventory counts.
• Provides detailed comparisons from available information sources to include historical records and SAAS transaction files.
• Uses available resources to resolve errors and determines cause of discrepancies and adjustments required to bring stock records into agreement with inventories.
• Participates in the preparation of various ammunition transaction documents pertaining to stock control functions.
• Verify the accuracy of inbound/outbound paperwork.
• When required, uploads inventory data, runs reports and provides supply technical advice on stock record control operations to co-workers and customers.
• Monitors pending receipts/shipments and maintains overall operational awareness of activities within the ASP.
• Responsible, under the direction of the SAAS Supervisor, for all stock control procedures and SAAS documentation which include: scheduling reports; archiving files; storage files maintenance; input; and output.
• Participates in providing technical assistance in using the various programs to maintain a complete and accurate database.
• Maintains hard copy files of supply transactions, voucher numbers, causative research, adjustment documents, documents, document register, and other records related to ASP operations.
• Collects data and provides reports as required. Use various computer operation systems/programs (MS-Windows; MS-Office) to enhance administrative capabilities, and development of unique databases and spreadsheets for management of munitions stocked, issued, and received by the ASP.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of thre (3) years’ experience in ammunition stock control operations and ammunition supply operations; with experience in munitions supply point operations and procedures within the past two (2) years.
• Must be able to attain and maintain a minimum of a secret security clearance within 1 year of hiring.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of ammunition accountability and operations. Must be capable of input and retrieval of data from Stock Control System and have the ability to generate/produce data and reports needed for all required operations.
• Must remain current with new and changing functions of the SAAS and must train on new supply systems as directed by the Army if SAAS is replaced or modified.
• Must have a working knowledge of read/write capability through the SAAS Standard Army Management Information Systems (STAMIS).
• SAAS Operator must be fluent in speaking and writing the English language.
• Must be a US citizen and able to be issued a USG Common Access Card (CAC).
• Must be able to be successfully cleared via DA Form 7708 (Personnel Reliability Screening and Evaluation).
• Ability to apply critical thinking skills to complex issues.
• Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make connections with customers in writing.
• Experience resolving complex issues, and escalating internally when appropriate.
• Ability to multi task and stay organized in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to maintain a consistent on-site schedule.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This position requires a Kuwaiti work visa. At this time, Kuwait will not issue this visa if you have any prior criminal record or if you are age 60 or over. As part of the visa process, the candidate will have to obtain an authenticated police background check verifying NO prior criminal history.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.