The Airborne Sensors and Analytics Division (ASAD) within the Defense Group of Leidos has a dynamic opportunity Systems Engineers for the Unmanned Aircraft Systems Ground Control Station Version 4 (UASGCS-V4), Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems (TUAS) and Gray Eagle Modeling, Navigation and Integration (GEMNI) programs. This position is located in our Huntsville, Alabama offices, in support of U.S. Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) programs.
The Systems Engineer will be part of an Engineering Team supporting UAS systems. This position is responsible for technical planning and full lifecycle design, development, and integration in support of the UAS community. Standard engineering methodologies, processes, and tools will be used to perform problem solving, solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities. Functional responsibilities include requirements analysis, implementation planning, subcontractor coordination, integration & test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment. Although this is a technical/engineering position, communication and interpersonal skills are crucial in this role. The candidate will be expected to interface with Government personnel, subcontractors, and management to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues.
The Systems Engineer will report to the Systems Engineering Manager.
Acts as a proponent to ensure successful systems engineering input to the US Army UASGCS-V4, RQ-7Bv2 Shadow and US Army MQ-1C Gray Eagle programs.
• Lead/Performs integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation of UAS engineering tasks.
• Lead/Leads in the development of and transforms low/high-level design artifacts into functional systems design.
• Lead/Leads in the development of model-based system engineering products.
• Lead/Leads in the development of cyber based Risk Management Framework (RMF)/Criticality Analysis (CA) Updates.
• Lead/Leads in the development of model-based system (MBSE) engineering products.
• Lead/Leads in the development of system safety artifacts pertinent to MIL-STD-882E and DO-178C
• Lead/Leads in the development of lower level requirements.
• Lead/Leads in the development of test plans that validate customer driven requirements are met.
• Lead/Leads in the development of and maintains engineering documentation and diagrams.
• Lead/Coordinates and communicates with US Army UAS stakeholders, end users, and internal & external customers and leadership.
• Bachelor of Science in Systems Engineering with 4 years or a Master’s Degree and 2 years of relevant experience in a related engineering field; additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions.
• Ability to work and collaborate in team-based environment.
• Ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities.
• Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook).
• Obtain/Currently active DoD Secret clearance with ability to maintain.
• 10% CONUS travel required
• Possibility for Remote work or willing to relocate to Huntsville, Alabama if not local
• Bachelors/Master of STEMScience degree in related engineering field.
• May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Knowledge and understanding of multiple engineering disciplines (Integration, Software, Aero, Avionics, etc.).
• Report and/or technical writing experience.
• Experience Leading/developing Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new opportunities.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.