The NISC IV program at Leidos is seeking an Airspace / Aviation Analyst to work in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Western Service Center (WSC) in Des Moines, WA.
The candidate will provide support to the FAA Western Service Area (WSA) by performing technical and analytical support and review of flight track data. This will include providing hands-on assistance using airspace reporting and visualization applications, as well as preparing electronic presentations for FAA leadership such as maps and/or graphics of aviation activity.
Routine Duties Will Include:
- Provide technical and analytical support to analyze complex airspace issues.
- Obtain customized data sets and develop detailed presentation materials related to specific airspace and flight track studies.
- Prepare 3D modeling and simulation of air traffic data, routes, and airspace design.
- Create interactive maps depicting air traffic routes, Instrument Flight Procedures, airspace boundaries, navigational fixes, and aircraft noise contours.
Other duties may include:
- Evaluate and analyze aviation noise impacts resulting from proposed changes to the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Provide data driven analysis and statistical reports to in response to aviation noise inquiries.
Position requires approximately 10% travel.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Des Moines, WA (once temporary Pandemic related remote work is over or when asked to return to the office).
- Substantial knowledge of aviation operations and/or airspace management.
- Experience in a staff environment preparing written documents, memos and briefs.
- Practical experience doing technical work, especially related to air traffic control or air traffic control procedures and airspace design.
- Knowledge of and experience with airspace or procedures design.
- Ability to create and manipulate aviation mapping tools.
- Must participate in rotating requirement for 24 hour "call-in" duty to respond to aviation events as needed.
- Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered/accepted in lieu of degree.
- Ability to obtain and/or Maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Knowledge of Performance Data Analysis and Reporting System (PDARS) programs/applications; and Terminal Area Route Generation and Traffic Simulator (TARGETS) software.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$1000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.