The UX Designer/Developer’s responsibilities include gathering user requirements, making usability recommendations, rapid prototyping, user testing and translating user requirements to development teams. Ideal candidates should have experience in wireframing/prototyping, and end user interaction.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Conduct user testing
- Provide design recommendations that enhances usability
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, diagrams, and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, including navigational menus, and data visualizations
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, digital wireframes)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- BS in Design, Computer Science, or relevant field
- 5 years of related experience
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Knowledge of wireframe tools and/or HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with Section 508
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Experience with Qualtrics is highly desirable
- Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.