Are you interested in improving and shaping the development and implementation of IT projects? Leidos is seeking an API Developer who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting large information technology for one of our clients, who is one of the top 10 largest electric companies in the U.S., headquartered in New Jersey.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced API Developer. In this position, you will be responsible for the development, testing and support of APIs & Integrations leveraging MuleSoft Anypoint platform. You must understand user stories/requirements, design and develop integration solution to meet the business and end user requirements. You must be comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Location: We are looking for someone in or around Newark, NJ, Arverne, NY or Houston, TX. Role may be remote initially, however once COVID restrictions loosen candidate may be expected to report to the office/client site.
- Responsible for development, testing and support of APIs & Integration leveraging MuleSoft Anypoint platform
- Ensure the APIs & Integrations follow client standards
- Understand user stories/requirements, design and develop integration solution to meet the business and end user requirements
- Responsible for delivering high quality APIs & Integrations that meets acceptance criteria defined
- Conduct code review and maintain assets in repository following appropriate branching strategy
- Responsible for developing CI/CD pipelines
- Become a subject matter expert in MuleSoft Platform
- Continually analyze and innovate to develop the assets that improves the overall quality and success of the platform
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 5+ years of experience as developer with a focus on enterprise integration platforms. High school diploma with additional years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years of experience in developing solution leveraging MuleSoft platform
- Expert knowledge of MuleSoft platform capabilities. Desirable to have two MuleSoft technical certifications
- In depth experience in all aspects of software development lifecycle
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Technically savvy and proven experience in working well in a highly dynamic environment while maintaining strong relationship with stakeholders & teammates
- Experience implementing integration solutions using APIs and web services technologies
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and team building skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.