Are you interested in improving and shaping the development and implementation of IT projects? Leidos is seeking a Technical Documentation Specialist who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting large information technology for one of our clients, who is one of the top 10 largest electric companies in the U.S., headquartered in New Jersey.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Technical Documentation Specialist. In this position you will help manage the Project SharePoint documentation and ensure final deliverables that are needed for Gates, Audits, and BPU (Board of Public Utility) are stored in Service Now as appropriate. You will help ensure documentation is in the right location, help with meeting notes and technical documentation, as well as maintaining confidentiality around sensitive information.
Location: We are looking for someone in Newark, NJ, Little Rock, AR, Houston, TX, or New Orleans, LA. Role may be remote initially, however once COVID restrictions loosen candidate may be expected to report to the office/client site.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Set up and maintain project SharePoint site consistent w/ client’s standard process
- Ensure working documents and appropriate access
- Ensure final deliverables required for Project Management Office and the Regulated filing are stored and updated in Service Now and with Project & Controls as appropriate
- May also assist project managers with meeting notes and project coordination activities
- Checking for accuracy and editing files
- Retrieve files as requested by employees and clients
- Maintain confidentiality around sensitive information and terms of agreement
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1+ years related experience or High school diploma with 4+ years related experience
- The candidate should possess an ability to work independently and prioritize tasks as well as working with deadlines and have a sense of urgency about tasks
- Requires initiative and the willingness to pitch in as needed in a team environment while maintaining professional demeanor
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Proficient typing and editing skills
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Familiar with SharePoint and Service Now is preferred
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Documentation Control
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.