The Intelligence Group at Leidos is looking for an Information Security Operations Manager to work at our customer site in Stennis, MS or Reton, VA for a near future award. DCCO Security Operations Center and consists of a variety of highly-skilled, technical staff performing cyber incident handling, fusion analysis, non-compliance reporting, user activity monitoring, and malware and forensic analysis. Provides 24x7 staffing to support mission-critical operations, including incident response, and manages surge support. We are excited to start a new effort supporting a federal agency’s datacenter optimization and modernization. Upon award, we will provide seamless support while transforming the service management to the most modern frameworks, standards, and methodologies.
As the Information Security Operations Management Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Plan, direct, and manage day-to-day activities across the Security Operations as well as high-tempo, high-visibility incident response, when required
- Drive implementation and adoption of new tools, capabilities, frameworks, and methodologies across all teams within DCCO.
- Accountable for the timeliness and quality of reporting produced
- Instill and reinforce industry best practices in the domains of incident response, cybersecurity analysis, case and knowledge management, and coordination with DHS SOC operations
- Promote and drive implementation of automation and process efficiencies
- Advanced knowledge in planning, directing, and managing Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) and/or Security Operations Center (SOC) operations in an organization in a large, complex environment.
- •Significant experience supervising and leading employees of various labor categories and technical skill levels in efforts similar in size and scope as the DHS Data Center Operation mission.
- •Mature understanding of industry accepted standards for incident response actions and best practices related to cyber security operations;
- •Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create technical reports based on analytical findings.
- •Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
As an Information Security Operations Manager, you are responsible for maintaining computer and information security incident, damage and threat assessment programs. Duties include investigating computer and information security incidents to determine extent of compromise to information and automated information systems, providing computer forensic and intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments, researching and maintaining proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption. In our client’s Hybrid Computing Environment with Data Center, Cloud Service Providers, and remote Data Centers call Co-Location sites will require designing, developing or recommending integrated system solutions ensuring proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected, participating with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs, and configuring and validating secure systems, testing security products/systems to detect computer and information security weakness. Some of the duties entail:
- Working to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables.
- Delivering entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Managing large projects or processes within the Hybrid Computing Environment.
- Developing solutions to complex technical issues and problems in support of customers of the federal agency.
- Employing ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions and systems in order to achieve functional objectives.
- Communicating with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members throughout CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Communicating with suppliers, vendors, sub-contractors, government, supported customer and other parties external to the organization.
- Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
Leadership & Talent Management:
- Leads from 1 or more personnel supporting engineering activities
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree and 8 or more years of prior relevant experience OR Master Degree with 6 or more years of prior relevant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Incident Handler (CIH)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- ITIL 4 Foundation in IT Service Management certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.