The Intelligence Group at Leidos is looking for an Information Security Scanning and Compliance Manager to work at our customer site in Stennis, MS or Reston, VA for a near future award. Responsibilities include enterprise-wide security strategy to include the creation and maintenance of information security policies, information security risk assessment efforts, information technology risk assessments, security monitoring, security awareness and training program, security protection architecture, or cybersecurity solutions. We are excited to start a new effort supporting a federal agency’s datacenter optimization and modernization. Upon award, we will provide seamless support while transforming the service management to the most modern frameworks, standards, and methodologies.
Lead a multi-disciplinary team that designs and supports the active and passive Computer Network Defense (CND) tools deployed in stacks. Must be able to integrate with other technical teams, with DHS personnel, with vendor technical support personnel, and with technical representatives from DoD services, working as part of an integrated, cross-platform team for the HCE.
- Work on CND systems engineering designs and architectures that maximize the effectiveness of the tools individually or as part of a defensive grid
- Provide support to more junior staff who are installing and configuring CND tools.
- Design scripts, dashboards, etc. to monitor the tools to insure proper operations and performance
- Engineer CND tools to report to network monitoring tools via Syslog
- Assist more junior staff in troubleshooting tool issues
- Integrate and test new code versions and upgrades in the DHS lab prior to deployment to production
- Write engineering design and implementation plans
- Write supporting documents for change management (tool upgrades, fixes, etc.)
- Serves as a subject-matter expert on information assurance (IA) cyber-related aspects of critical infrastructure protection and operational security matters.
- Develops, coordinates, and maintains the enterprise-wide Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework.
- Coordinates with external agencies and stakeholders to ensure well-coordinated, thoroughly planned, and successful engagements.
- Providing direction on the implementation of IT security and cyber-security infrastructure requirement across an organization
- Making decisions or recommendations that influence organizational IT security policies, strategies, or programs by staying abreast of all current and emerging technologies related to the development and design of business processes and applications in support of the security architecture.
- Collaborating on the development of long-range plans for IT security systems
As the Information Security Scanning and Compliance Manager, you are responsible for maintaining computer and information security incident, damage and threat assessment programs. Duties include investigating computer and information security incidents to determine extent of compromise to information and automated information systems, providing computer forensic and intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments, researching and maintaining proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption. In our client’s Hybrid Computing Environment with Data Center, Cloud Service Providers, and remote Data Centers call Co-Location sites will require designing, developing or recommending integrated system solutions ensuring proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected, participating with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs, and configuring and validating secure systems, testing security products/systems to detect computer and information security weakness. Some of the duties entail:
- Working to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables.
- Delivering entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Managing large projects or processes within the Hybrid Computing Environment.
- Developing solutions to complex technical issues and problems in support of customers of the federal agency.
- Employing ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions and systems in order to achieve functional objectives.
- Communicating with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members throughout CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Communicating with suppliers, vendors, sub-contractors, government, supported customer and other parties external to the organization.
- Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
Leadership & Talent Management:
- Leads from 1 or more personnel supporting engineering activities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree and 8 or more years of prior relevant experience
- Master Degree with 6 or more years of prior relevant experience
- Provide input to the Risk Management Framework process activities and related documentation (e.g., system life-cycle support plans, the concept of operations, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials).Document and address the organization's information security, cybersecurity architecture, and systems security engineering requirements throughout the acquisition life cycle
- Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- ITIL 4 Foundation in IT Service Management certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.