Leidos Maritime System Solutions (MSS) is seeking to hire a Senior Electronics Engineer specializing in sensor analysis and design to join our project team supporting the Naval Information Warfare Center in San Diego, CA. The successful candidate will join a growing, fast-paced research, development, testing and evaluation team responsible for the manufacture and testing of various electro-mechanical devices used for both subsea and surface applications. Work will involve both prototype and production systems.
This position will require the candidate to obtain and hold a Secret Clearance. A currently held Secret or Top Secret clearance is a significant plus.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
- Support the design, testing, and fabrication of various sensor systems, with primary focus on acoustic sensing technology for undersea applications
- Support the analysis of mission requirements, acoustic sensor performance and capabilities, and support formulating sensor and sensor array designs, incorporating acoustic sensing capabilities to satisfy operational requirements
- Will read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics and drawings to collaborate with CAD designers in the development of prototype systems
- Will also support the development of fabrication plans and processes to build prototype systems
- Will participate in testing and evaluating prototype performance and overall sensor capabilities
- Will require the analysis of data collected during testing using analytical tools such as MATLAB, LabView, Python scripting/programming, Microsoft Excel and others
- The individual will also work with a small team of technicians and engineers to define future sensor performance and system requirements
- Strong programming skills, C /C++, C#, and Python
- Experience with Unix-like operating systems
- Experience with embedded systems development (8-Bit and ARM)
- Proficiency in MATLAB and LabView
- Knowledge and/or experience with underwater acoustics is a plus
- Circuit design and fabrication, and Altium Designer experience is a plus
- FPGA/PLD development experience is a plus, especially with VHDL
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
- Ability to work in small groups
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong software troubleshooting skills
- Hardware troubleshooting skills a plus Marine / Shipboard experience
- Ability to work aboard small boats (i.e. not susceptible to motion sickness)
- Willing to travel for short periods of time to support project requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.