Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, has a career opportunity for a Software Test Automation Engineer in Peachtree Corners, GA. The Software Test Automation Engineer will become a member of a cross-functional team responsible for the development, maintenance and execution of automated test cases, and working with product owners, software developers, system integration engineers, and other test engineers to validate development and maintenance activities on government systems.
Priority/Preference for selection in addition to relevant skills capability as notated in the requirements of this position will be given to:
- Candidates eligible to work in the US, being a US Citizen or Green Card holder as tasking requirements are immediate, and this requirement must be met in order to perform work on contract in reasonable timeframe (<30 days of start date).
- Local or willing to relocate to Atlanta, GA area (remote negotiable dependent on experience and capabilities)
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing, executing, and maintaining acceptance, integration, and system tests.
- Collaborating with Product Owners and Developers to develop effective test strategies, test cases, developing/driving the test automation framework and process.
- Executing and analyzing test results and reporting performance, load, and other issues using issues management tool
- Work independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments
- Work independently and as part of an Agile development team using superior time management to triage issues and prioritize tasks
- Works to achieve day-to-day objectives with moderate impact on the area/ project team
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development life-cycle
- Discovering, reporting, and tracking testing issues
- Configuring Windows and Linux servers for test execution
- Explains technical solutions, practices and procedures to others within the organization.
- Addresses somewhat complex technical issues/problems using internal best practice and through collaboration with colleagues
- Develops solutions to technical problems that require depth of technical knowledge, but are typically limited in complexity
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques in the technical domain
- System/Software Test Automation Engineering experience designing, creating, and executing automated testing solutions including. Ability to design web services with heavy data driven test using Rest Assured and BDD.
- Working experience with web communication API protocols (i.e. REST, SOAP) and creating automated testing frameworks and test harnesses. Working knowledge of test automation software (i.e. SoapUI, Selenium, Junit, JRunner, SonarQube, Katalon, Cucumber, Gerkin, Groovy, Java TestOps, Mongo DB, Dockers, Jenkins, and Java OOPs concepts).
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java and Java Script
- Cucumber BDD framework design experience using Eclipse ID and Java.
- Rest Assured API automation experience designing frameworks and test.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to computer engineering or computer science discipline
- Experience ranges from 4 - 8 years of relevant experience.
- Experience testing in Windows/Browser and Linux/Browser environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Ability to analyze and think quickly to handle conflicts calmly
- Self-motivated and have the ability to stay focused and prioritize many objectives and projects
- This position includes 40% telecommute.
- Experience with REST services testing using Postman.
- Experience with testing micro-services and automating in CI/CD working with Dockers and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Fuel or Liquid Management software systems a plus
- Knowledge of implementing Test Automation in a Cloud environment.
- Experience using Agile project tracking tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Version control repositories (such as TFS, BitBucket, Git, etc.)
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is considered the pioneer of inventory tank gauging instrumentation nearly 90 years ago. Today, Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager® suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.