Leidos' Corporate Internal Audit Department currently has an opening for an Associate IT Auditor located in Reston VA. In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for planning and performing information systems, operational, internal control, corporate compliance, and SOX 404 audits.
- Participates in and/or conducts Information Technology audits, Sarbanes-Oxley Reviews, investigations, and other operational/compliance audits, ranging from detailed testing to evaluating and establishing audit scopes.
- Evaluate processes and controls and draft management comments and recommendations.
- Participates in the modification/development of audit programs.
- Takes responsibility for overall completion of assigned audit areas of engagements, from planning to wrap-up.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of technology standards and components.
- Uses audit programs as a guide for performing audit, while modifying audit procedures to meet circumstances of individual audit, given the auditee’s systems, the inherent risk, and Internal Audit objectives.
- Provides recommendations to improve overall audit efficiency and offers potential solutions to engagement problems, such as time overruns, client obstacles, etc.
- Identifies potential audit issues by considering impact of exceptions and assessing related risk; Determines whether further investigation is necessary and develops sound conclusions as to their significance.
- Takes initiative to develop in-depth knowledge of the company and the operations of the business unit being audited.
- Uses time wisely by prioritizing tasks according to risk and manages/completes multiple and/or complex engagement responsibilities.
- Works independently, bringing assignments to completion with minimal supervision.
- Facilitates a team environment, both during fieldwork and while in the office, providing guidance to staff with less seniority, and assists superiors with their tasks.
- Effectively communicates with auditee, peers, subordinates, and management, both orally and in writing.
- Lead and participate in performing risk assessments and developing the annual audit plan.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related disciplines and 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Willing to travel up to 25%.
- Hands-on experience with general controls reviews and experience performing application reviews or process reviews.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and oral communications.
- US Citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- Dual major in Computer Science or MIS and Accounting.
- Consulting or “Big4” experience is a plus.
- Experience working on Government Contracting engagements is a plus.
- Experience performing HIPPA, PCI or FISMA assessments.
- Possess or successfully working toward CISA Certification is a plus.
- FAMILIARITY with one or more of the following technologies is required: Workday Human Resources, Oracle Database, Red Hat, Linux, Active Directory, Windows, J2EE, network / internet security, SQL server database, Deltek Costpoint, Deltek Time and Expense, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Management, Cognos, OBIEE, virtualization / cloud computing, computer forensics, Sage.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:3000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Internal Audit
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.