Leidos' Airborne ISR group has an opportunity for a talented, mid-level SecDevOps Engineer to support a critical modernization effort of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) command and control program.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying UAS command and control architecture, redesign the command and control front/back end into the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE), integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
Ideally, the selected candidate will be able to work on-site in Huntsville, AL (relocation assistance available). However, there is opportunity for 100% remote work / telework for the right candidate.
- Work as a contributor on an agile software program to deliver Secure Development Operations capabilities
- Collaborate with program development and test engineers to understand CI/CD requirements
- Lead the team through the completion of various CI/CD objectives and support other teammates in accomplishing team objectives in their area of expertise.
- Serve as technical resource for the implementation, maintenance, and administration of SecDevOps toolchain infrastructure.
- Interface with Government personnel, subcontractors and management, to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance within first 180 days of employment (requires US citizenship)
Required Education & Experience:
- BS and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience supporting mixed Linux and Windows software development tools
- Software development experience including Java or C++
- Experience with workflow automation tools (Python, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, Bash)
- Experience supporting virtualization and container platforms (VMware, AWS, Docker, Podman)
- Experience with CI/CD Pipeline tools. (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience with git distributed version control system (Bitbucket, GitHub)
- Experience with SecDevOps tool implementation and administration (Jira, Confluence, Nexus, Bitbucket)
- Experience in Agile development environment (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Outlook)
- Experience with container orchestration (Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Experience with Static Code Analysis tools (Fortify, Sonarqube)
- Experience with security tools (ACAS, SCAP Compliance Checker, McAfee Endpoint Security suite, or other DISA tools)
- Experience in applying Security and Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to software technologies
- Experience with standards NIST SP 800-171 or 800-53
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, education/professional development assistance, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, exciting referral programs, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2021, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the fourth consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.