Leidos is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst who will create and manage business intelligence and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. Using Microsoft Power BI and other supporting analytics tools the Analyst will develop data-driven reporting that measures outcomes, metrics, business performance, and trends analysis for process improvements and risk management applications. This position supports the Leidos Global Security team responsible for a broad portfolio of risk management, business continuity, industrial security and other compliance based programs.
If you are a data scientist with strong business analysis knowledge, strong problem-solving aptitude, and an excellent communicator, we would love to hear from you!
- Lead the enhancement of existing dashboards and develop new reporting capabilities utilizing tools such as Power BI, SSRS, SSIS, SQL as well as the full suite of Microsoft Office applications.
- Analyze complex business problems and issues using data to provide insight to decision makers and participate in cross-functional teams to address business issues.
- Create, edit, and organize charts, tables, and other visual materials into executive-level Power Point briefings.
- Work with various security managers to support concise, consistent, strategic and executive-level presentation development, reports and other materials.
- Design, develop, deploy, monitor, report and improve PowerBI solutions.
- Develop Power BI reports, dashboards, publish reports to power BI service and establish gateway refresh schedules.
- Work with Business Analysts and end users to evaluate business requirements and advise on appropriate informative views and dashboards.
- Document business requirements and translate into technical reporting specifications.
- Develop proof of concepts to mock up complex reporting requirements with upcoming technologies on Microsoft Analytics platform.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 4 years of experience in data science, data analytics, systems engineering, or related field.
- Experience with the following tools: Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate.
- Excellent communicator, strong critical thinking and collaboration skills, able to function in a high-paced, dynamic environment as part of a diverse team.
- Must be proficient in PowerPoint as these tasks will be required 25% of the time.
- Experienced with Microsoft BI analytics stack (SSIS, SSAS).
- Familiar with data visualization.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:3000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.