The NISC IV program at Leidos is seeking an Air Traffic Control Analyst to work in the Federal Aviation Administration Western Service Center in Des Moines, WA.
The candidate will provide support to various Air traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC) and FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional Offices in airspace development and management.
Routine Duties Will Include:
Using skills obtained as a Certified Professional Controller (CPC) the candidate will evaluate, process, and make recommendations for Class B / C / D / E Airspace modifications and/or changes.
This analysis will include:
- Operational analysis of current National Airspace System (NAS) uses and Instrument Flight Procedures.
- FAA Facility input and recommendations.
- Safety Risk Management considerations.
- Coordinating Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for the Federal Register when required.
- Must participate in rotating requirement for 24 hour "call-in" duty to respond to aviation events as needed.
Other duties may include:
- Provide coordination and Subject Matter Expertise between Air Traffic Control facilities for Letters of Agreement (LOAs) and Letters to Airmen (LTAs).
- Review requests for charting, airspace development and management, and flight procedures development.
- Review requests for special events affecting the NAS, traffic management support, and Special Use Airspace (SUA).
- Review and analyze daily flight and NAS operations.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for procedural waiver reviews and Document Change Proposals (DCP).
- Provide coordination between Air Traffic Control facilities and Department of Defense (DOD) for Global Positioning System (GPS) Interference Testing requests.
Position requires approximately 10% travel.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Des Moines, WA (once temporary Pandemic related remote work is over or when asked to return to the office).
- Previous designation as a Certified Professional Controller (CPC).
- BS and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 + years of prior relevant experience. OR additional years of relevant experience may be accepted/considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to obtain and/or Maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Experience in a staff environment preparing written documents, memos and briefs.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.