? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
Software Development Lead
Location: Chantilly VA
- Provide technical stewardship to the Agile Development Teams (ADTs).
- Define, document, maintain, and communicate processes, practices, security and configurations (PPS&C)for SW Development
- Determine and facilitate configuration and availability of the DevSecOps infrastructure and development, integration, and test resources
- Ensure SW Development environments and infrastructure meets the needs of development and test
- Assist the ADT to meet sprint objectives by ensuring technical challenges and roadblocks are addressed and removed.
- Ensure inter-ADT communication and dependency coordination occurs tied to execution of Program Increment Epics and Stories and issue resolution
- Ensure the quality of the software and solutions produced by the ADTs
- Collaborate with other technical leads (on-program and external) to facilitate process improvements and technical innovation
- Ensure baseline updates have been properly prepared for deployment
- Communicate with technical leadership, ADT leads, and release train engineer impacts to the ADTs to fast track critical and high priority efforts.
- Identify to the Chief Software Engineer ADT skill deficiencies that are impacting successful execution of development efforts
- Responsible for verifying code meets standards defined in the PPS&C.
- Communicate status to customer and program leadership of ongoing ADT SW development efforts
- Recommend and coordinate key information related to the need and description of off-cycle releases
- Investigate and determine resolution of development process / execution related issues
- Assist program leadership in evaluation of technical personnel and determining ADT composition
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure end of Sprint Demo occurs
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure ADT's support end of PI Demo for customer
- Candidate must have BS degree with 8 to 12 years of professional experience; 5 or more with Masters
- 4-5 years of experience working in an Agile software development environment as a technical contributor
- Experience serving as a technical lead with a large software development team (15-20 developers) comprised of smaller, product focused teams.
- Experience briefing customers and stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, to include presentation of technical material to non-technical audiences
- Thorough understanding of the Agile software development process (SAFe Agile preferred) and its key processes, milestones, and roles.
- Experience with deploying, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting software (both custom and COTS/FOSS) in a Linux environment
- Experience working in a cloud computing environment, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Experience integrating custom code with 3rd party software products/platforms (for example, development of custom plugins for a commercial or open-source product)
- Experience with version control systems such as git or Subversion
- Understanding of DevSecOps concepts/tools, and how they would apply in practice
- Local to DC metro area (DC/Maryland/Virginia), with ability to be physically present at the team’s work location in Chantilly for the majority of the work week
- Active SCI clearance or active Secret or Top Secret (eligible for SCI) clearance*
- All candidates must be US CITIZENS to be considered for the position
- Understanding of SSL/TLS and PKI concepts
- Familiarity with one or more common identity and access management protocols/standards, just as OAuth, SAML, LDAP, SCIM, or OIDC
- Prior knowledge of (or experience with) the Oracle Identity and Access Management (IdAM) suite (including OAM, OUD, and OHS), API Gateways, Apache web servers and/or proxy servers, and application servers is a major plus
- Direct experience with multiple of the following and a desire to learn the others:
- Database setup and integration, both relational and NoSQL (Oracle DB, MySQL, CouchDB)
- DevOps automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Source control and Agile development tools (Git, Maven, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
- Analytics and search engines (Elasticsearch, Splunk, Apache Solr)
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification (e.g. Certified SAFe Agilist) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- An active cybersecurity, cloud, and/or network product certification (e.g. CISSP, AWS)
- Mobile development
Requires an active Top Secret security clearance upon hire and must meet SCI eligibility. Must be willing and able to obtain a polygraph within the customer’s timeline after hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.