The Dynetics-Leidos group has an opening for a System Administrator to work in our San Diego, CA office. This is an exciting opportunity to serve as a System Administrator within an established Information Security team under the direction of the Information System Security Manager (ISSM).
- Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware.
- Responsibilities may include management of systems infrastructures, implementing best practices to identify and recommend system functional specifications, configuration of physical and virtual systems, backup and recovery of IT infrastructure.
- Support duties may include updating and supporting systems by tuning performance, user account management, implementing and verifying security settings, allocating storage space, implementing critical patches, and reviewing systems performance logs to identify anomalies and troubleshoot issues.
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required for consideration.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Information Technology/Network Administration and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Possess a current DoD 8570.01 compliant certification for IAM Level I, e.g. Security + w/CE, or the ability to obtain either within 6 months of employment.
- Substantial experience with Windows-based and Linux-based information systems (server and workstation).
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work independently, prioritize, schedule, and complete multiple tasks.
- Excellent documentation skills for the preparation of standard operating procedures.
- Experience supervising and leading system administration teams.
- Substantial experience managing a Microsoft Active Directory environment with a mixture of Windows and Linux clients.
- Experience configuring and managing network switches.
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance
- Vulnerability assessment and analysis experience utilizing SCAP, ACAS/NESSUS and DISA STIGs
- Experience with DoD implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and governing directives (NIST, CNSS, DCSA, etc.)
- Experience configuring Taclanes for wide area networks.
- Experience implementing and managing Splunk in a Windows/Linux domain environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.