The Junior Python Developer for Cross Domain Services (CDS) will be part of a team that is the premier provider of CDS for the Department of Homeland Security. This position also requires the ability to learn and become knowledgeable with developing Python solutions that interface CDS technology. The position would involve developing Python scripts and applications that enable secure data transfer from lower classification to higher classification domains and vice versa. A qualified candidate must be able to gather requirements from CDS Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), design, review and implement the solutions using Python. This position also requires the candidate to adhere to Agile software development practices such as pair programming, test-driven development, stand-ups, planning sessions and sprints.
- Interact with CDS Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to learn correct practices.
- Write Python code to create new CDS transfer applications by following designs created by CDS SME architects.
- Create Python scripts to execute highly repeatable jobs such as data processing.
- Development of Python scripts to handle FTP transfers.
- Debug Python code which has software bugs.
- Rewrite old Python code to optimize it with modern procedures.
- Assist CDS SMEs porting of existing PowerShell scripts from Windows platform to Python on RHEL v7, and bash scripts to Python.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of new CDS solutions and technology as part of a larger team.
- Development of documentation for operations, sustainment, and user guides.
- Development of Linux scripts to handle FTP transfers.
- Requires a BS degree or equivalent experience and 4+ years of prior relevant experience. In lieu of a degree 8+ years of experience may be substituted.
- Ability to obtain a DHS Suitability or EOD.
- Ability to learn and develop expertise with new technologies.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Good writing and verbal presentation skills.
- Existing TS/SCI clearance with DHS or another federal entity.
- Familiarity with Python3, Boto3 and AWS S3 is a plus.
- Familiarity with Linux scripting is a plus.
- Familiarity with Windows and PowerShell is a plus.
- Working towards a STEM related Bachelor's degree with 90 or more credits or recent college graduate within a STEM discipline.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.