Are you interested in improving and shaping the delivery of IT projects? We’re seeking a Senior Project Manager who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in running large information technology projects for of our clients, who is one of the top 10 largest electric companies in the U.S., headquartered in New Jersey.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to lead large, complex IT projects. The successful candidate will bring significant experience to plan, coordinate and manage all functions and activities necessary to execute the project to meet the customer requirements.
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating, monitoring, and implementing complex large scale IT projects to meet organizational goals. This person will maintain the efficiency of important aspects of the project management process such as planning, budget, and risk assessment. The ideal candidate is required to have excellent project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision to implementation involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Plan, coordinate and manage large projects.
- Integrate all functions and activities necessary to perform the project/program to meet the client or customer requirements.
- Direct project team personnel, manage cost and schedule, ensure contract compliance, and serve as customer interface.
- Manage technical, cost, and schedule of assigned tasks or functions.
- Provide strong, proactive and assertive leadership skills that engage multidiscipline work teams to respond to business needs for assigned projects
- Makes decisions at the project team level and properly escalate those decisions that cannot be resolved on a timely basis
- Lead project team members such as executives, line of business subject matter experts, controllers and schedulers through the lifecycle of a project
- Manage project teams that typically includes multiple vendors with onshore and offshore resources
- Create project management plans, set expectations, execute governance reviews and ensure the project plans are driven by organizational procedures
- Coordinates with cross-functional project stakeholders to develop project scope, objectives, goals, and deliverables
- Ensures that requirements are gathered, documented, reviewed and approved per organizational/PMO standards
- Ensures projects are delivered on-time, on budget, and remain in scope. Monitors and tracks project dependencies
- Work with assigned scheduler to create a work breakdown structure that defines all activities required for the project deliverables
- Manage project budget, maintain financial plan, track actuals vs. plan, provide monthly forecasts, report monthly accruals
- Establish and provide high-quality, informative written and verbal project communications, including weekly status, dashboards and project updates
- Actively monitor, track and manage project tasks, timelines, attainment of established milestones and overall quality of project activities and deliverables
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or similar degree. High school diploma with additional years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 8+ years of Project Management experience managing IT application or infrastructure projects
- Solid understanding of Project Management and Project Management Office
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, partnerships and external networks
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and work effectively in a collaborative team environment while keeping the team informed
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Excellent researching, decision-making and organizational skills are required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project or similar project management tool
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to data protection and other guidelines where appropriate
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Active PMP certification
- Primavera P6 certification desirable
- Domain knowledge in electric utility business is preferable
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.