Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a skilled, experienced ASW Analyst, supporting multiple US Navy programs located at a US Government site in Bethesda, MD. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position supporting programs that develop and produce state of the art training and tactical decision aids systems. This position requires US citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance.
You will develop and evaluate ASW training programs for the surface ship community of the US Navy. You will be the training subject matter expert, and will also support the development, testing, and delivery of acoustic training systems for the Advanced Capabilities Build (ACB) program of the SQQ-89A(V)15 sonar system in shore-based trainers. Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Participate in systems engineering activities for acoustic trainers.
• Evaluate and test trainer capabilities
• Interact with internal developers as well as external tactical development team members, US Navy schoolhouse personnel, and military and civilian DoD customers to ensure that trainer requirements are captured and designed into the trainers
• Participate in the installation of training systems
• Train the trainers responsible for operating the training systems
Travel is required to trainer sites at various naval bases, and will account for 15% - 20% of the job.
High school diploma with 2+ years experience and significant subject matter work experience obtained through prior military experience, or B.S./B.A. with an ASW-related officer tour.
• Must have 10+ years of subject matter work experience, obtained through prior related military experience
• Must have specific subject matter expertise in SQQ-89 (ACB13 or newer) Sonar system operations.
• Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and be committed to customer service. Must be well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to work in a fast paced environment under deadlines.
• Must be a flexible, positive and energetic team player, able to work successfully in a team environment, able to work with minimal supervision, able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and able to learn and apply new skills.
• Must be able to utilize Microsoft Windows and Office products in support of day to day tasking.
• Military experience in Undersea Warfare as a surface ship acoustic operator (STG) or junior officer
• Acoustic Intelligence experience
• Comfortable working directly with software developers and conducting software testing.
• Software testing experience
• Experience with Linux
External Referral Eligible
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.