The Leidos Civil group is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to support the our team in Washington DC to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following requirements:
- Analysis, design, development, implementation and support of FAA’s mission-critical applications using .NET technologies
- Development of enterprise applications using Microsoft technologies within a distributed (n-tier) architecture that interact with MS SQL Server databases
- Apply good technical practices and contribute to the application architecture with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security, and performance.
- Design system and program test data, debug programs using appropriate system tools and ensure system and program results are accurate to meet specifications
- Work with agile development team on release planning, sprint planning, scoping, and engaging with customers
- Verify accuracy, safety, and completeness of projects by implementing comprehensive unit testing with sample data.
- Provide daily customer and production support including production issues, enhancements, maintenance and training
- Assist, coach and mentor other Software Developers
- Requires BS degree and 8 to 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Prior relevant experience should include 8 years of .NET development experience in C#, ASP.NET, MVC 5, Entity Frame work 6.0/Hibernate, LINQ, JQuery, Telerik and web Services experienced in using .NET 4.8 frameworks (including Windows Communication Foundation), Web API.
- Experienced with Design Patterns & best practices, architecture, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and the development of SOA strategies and roadmaps, AOP, dependency injection and test driven development (Nunit or MSTest).
- Experience in developing enterprise level application using Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise 2016/2019.
- Strong understanding of Software development lifecycle
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Solid understanding of Agile Project Management methodologies.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification is a plus.
- Experience architecting and implementing fault tolerant .NET web-based applications using Cloud platforms. Deep understanding of DevOps engineering framework.
- Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
- Experience with the FAA IT security compliance process.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.