The NISC IV Training Group is looking for a Project manager to support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Air Traffic Organization (ATO) Office of Safety and Technical Training (AJI).
In this role, you will support one particular aspect of a technical migration of several legacy systems into a modern, unified application.
Specific responsibilities for the role include:
- Maintaining schedules and preparation of status reports.
- Gathering requirements from customer Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Assessing project issues and developing resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Developing mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention.
- Problem-solving with clients.
- Planning logistics for meetings and conferences
- Providing recommendations for business process improvements.
Typical education / experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or a Master's degree and up to 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree at the hiring managers discretion.
- Ability to multi-task the tracking of project schedule development, project control, risk management practices/issues, and project documentation processing/archiving between multiple simultaneous projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Microsoft Project.
- Excellent customer service skills necessary to interact with Senior and Executive level management, and to foster an environment of cooperation between different departments and co-workers.
- Ability to work with, manage, and maintain information stored in a Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN)/SharePoint site(s).
- Master's Degree in Project Management and 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with preparing briefing packages for Senior and Executive level management.
- Previous experience as a team member supporting operations or logistics to the FAA or other Federal Agencies.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.