The Leidos NISC IV is looking for a Senior Instructional Designer to join our team in Washington, DC to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
We are seeking a Senior Instructional Designer to work with the best and brightest people around the country in creating innovative solutions for our customers. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth. This Senior Instructional Designer position will support the Real Estate, Information Technology, Engineering, and Support Services (RITES) team on the National Airspace System (NAS) Integration Support Contract (NISC) with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- The Senior Instructional Designer will create training courses and supporting materials for use by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Will work closely with FAA stakeholders, subject matter experts and instructional designer.
- Will be responsible for analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of instructor-led training programs and course materials.
- The candidate must have experience in federal government course design and development, along with knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Instructional Design, Adult Education, OR similar concentration will be considered/accepted.
- Minimum 12 years of experience with adult learning theory, learner-centric curriculum development, and instructional design project management.
- Experience in designing federal government instructor-led training for classroom, webinar, and blended learning training delivery formats.
- Ability to establish effective terminal and enabling learning objectives, and create course content to support them.
- Experience in designing engaging learning activities and compelling course content for adult learners.
- Experience in designing adult training that meets federal Section 508 compliance regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to identify criteria that will be used to evaluate adult learner performance, and develop assessment instruments.
- Knowledge of standard project management skills and techniques to ensure effective controls while handling multiple training development activities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to facilitate discussion and collaboration with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) instructional designer, subject matter experts and stakeholders.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Adult Education, OR similar concentration.
- Success in developing Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) instructor-led training courses.
- Experience in designing adult learning for acquisition workforce related topics including; the FAA Acquisition Management System (AMS), program/project management, contracting, federal appropriations law, financial management, systems engineering or test & evaluation.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$1000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Curriculum Developer
Pay Range:Pay Range $87,750.00 - $135,000.00 - $182,250.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.