At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
As part of enterprise data warehouse team and enterprise data architect team in Woodlawn, Maryland. This opening will support contracts at the Social Security Administration. The BI Data Analyst helps the leaders and works with many other BI projects to come onboard using Enterprise Data Warehouse and advanced analytic platform. The BI analyst will work with project leads, enterprise data architects, development teams and DBAs to perform project architecture assessment, data model review, ETL data analysis, ETL detail design and development. The BI analyst will provide guidance to other BI project development teams to follow standard guidelines and best practices.
Day to Day Responsibilities
• Lead the development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts in the field. The candidate will continually assess advancements in technologies to gauge and recommend better solutions for the customer to improve the software developer experience and efficient delivery of software.
• Mentor and coach technical staff, proactively shape product vision, and support multiple internal/external initiatives to achieve mission success. The candidate will have past and proven experiences as the technical lead on large, complex projects, and enterprise solutions.
• Provide technical advice/input that impact strategic client outputs and Leidos business results.
• Impact functional strategy by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that.
- Experience in BI related fields with progressively increased level of responsibility in data analysis, data modeling, BI development, database development and SQL experiences.
- Good understanding with BI development life cycle, data architect, metadata management, data marts and related methodologies.
- Experience in ETL design and development using any ETL tools such as Informatica and Ab Initio.
- Familiar with data replication tools and technology.
- Experience with data lake, big data, AWS and cloud-based databases, MPP database technologies such as Greenplum and PostgreSQL is a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding SQL and data analysis skills
- Experience in data modeling for operational and data warehousing using ERWin Data Modeler tools is a plus.
- Experience in analyzing and building reports / dashboards using BI reporting tools such as Tableau, Web Focus and MicroStrategy is advantageous
- Able to multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with multiple teams and users for more than one project, at the same time.
- Experience with ERWin Data Modeler tools
- Experience building Report and Dashboards using BI tools such as Tableau, Web Focus and MicroStrategy
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years of hands on experience or Master’s Degree with 5+ years of experience in a related field.
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.