Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for a Test Engineer for a position in the Chantilly, VA or Gaithersburg, MD office. The successful candidate will support our customer’s mission by thoroughly testing and verifying a variety of Enterprise Identity and Access Management (IdAM) functionalities and enhancements.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
· Conduct functional test and regression testing of fixes for defects found in the Integration, Test, and Classified environments
· Provide sign off of development user stories in the Integration environment
· Analze and research Development Epics and User Stories for test scenarios and test procedure updates
· Test SOAP and REST APIs using SoapUI
· Update and maintain SoapUI projects which are used for testing
· Conduct system integration and spot regression testing in the Integration environment
· Create, update, and review detailed manual test procedures which are delivered to the customer
· Work with developers and other members of the test team to develop the test procedure updates
· Assist in the creation and maintenance of Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) procedures
· Ensure FAT procedures are Engineering Review Board (ERB) approved
· Perform FAT dry-runs and ensure FAT readiness
· Execute regression testing in the test environment and in the Customer’s Classified environment
· Conduct FAT and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), executing and demonstrating test procedures in the Customer’s Classified environment and in front of Customer witnesses
· Assist developer and deployment teams with troubleshooting and analyzing issues as they arise
· Work with developers to identify and resolve discrepancies found during testing
· Maintain close collaboration with System Engineers to verify system functionality against requirements
· Update and review the Requirements Verification Traceability Matrix (RVTM)
· Maintain Test Team’s knowledge sharing dashboard in Confluence including, but not limited to:
o How to instructions
o Troubleshooting information
o Processes, Procedures, and Guidelines
· Ensure testing scripts and projects are updated and maintained in the Test Git repository
· Update and maintain the baselined test procedures used for regression testing
· Documentation and research needs to be accurate and aligned to work assigned and proper annotation is required
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
· Experience testing SOAP and REST APIs using SoapUI or a similar tool
· Experience creating, updating, and reviewing step-by-step test procedures
· Experience working with developers to identify and resolve discrepancies found during testing
· Experience working in a team environment and working independently, self-motivated
· Strong, effective, and professional communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
· Requires BS and 2 to 4 years of prior relevant experience
HOW YOU CAN STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD:
· Experience with agile development methodologies
· Experience working with Linux
· Experience with test automation tool implementation such as Selenium and Cucumber
· Experience with maintaining test automation scripts
· CompTIA Security+ Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.