Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) Manager to support the Innovations team on the GSM-O II contract. In this role, you will be responsible for integrating various GSM-O II Innovations and Special Projects into the Global Management System & the Infrastructure. You will also oversee the management of the system level requirements, and the performance of integration, verification, and user acceptance testing to ensure that the design, deployment, integration, and maintenance of a full stack containerized innovations architecture adheres to these baselined requirements. You will work directly with the Chief Architect, Software Engineering Manager, and the operations team to transition new capability and ensure it meets all target requirements. You will be responsible for testing and verification of new capability prior to deployment to production. The position will help foster a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and SecDevOps culture, and building strong cross-functional collaboration with all areas of development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast-paced environment supporting the development of a data pipeline and machine learning services integration in support of DISA operators and analysts whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems.
This position is located virtually in the Ft. Meade, MD area. One must live within driving distance of Fort Meade as they will need to be in the office as needed.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Line managing the SEIT team, overseeing requirements management, integration & verification testing, network engineering, and business process management.
- Outlining, developing & executing required work tasks to accomplish project goals.
- Overseeing creation of integration and verification test plans for new capabilities and migrated COTS/GOTS tools.
- Identifying and managing related project task dependencies, risks & possible mitigations.
- Estimation of level of effort (hrs/days/resources) to outline & update a projected project schedule.
- Asking questions & raising concerns as soon as possible without being prompted.
- Support requirements specification and definition for the GSM-O cloud infrastructure and tools.
- Managing the requirements baseline across all innovation tools, and ensuring a mapping of requirements to use cases and test cases.
- Overseeing the execution of User Acceptance strategies, plans and scripts for the migration of existing tools to the cloud environment as well as new tool instantiations in the cloud.
- Creating systems engineering documents and diagrams to support the GSM-O Innovation deployments
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Assisting with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed.
- Conducting automated unit and system integration tests to identify and feedback failed modules and components
- Participating in code design reviews and updates
- Designing system to system data transfer and integration process of all environments
- Creating test plans to verify data quality and integrity between the systems during the transfer process at all levels from component (module), integration testing through system to include and end-to-end (data lifecycle) evaluation
- Conducting automated integration test with sample data
- Evaluating the systems from security point of view to ensure security relevant changes are made to the data before it is transferred to a different classification network
- Designing data security checks to ensure dirty data is not passed to other networks
- Creating unit and system integration tests to identify and feedback failed modules and components
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 12+ years of professional experience or 10+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Security+ Certification or can acquire within 30 days of start date
- Leadership experience including but not limited to technical project leadership, technical team management, first line management, and project management.
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience
- 5+ years of project planning experience
- Experience testing, troubleshooting, and integrating COTS/GOTS software
- Experience creating, developing & executing required work tasks to accomplish a project goal
- Experience identifying and tracking related project task dependencies, risks & possible mitigations
- Experience estimating level of effort (hrs/days/resources) to feed & update a projected project schedule
- Experience with JIRA, Git repo and Confluence
- Experience working with a highly technical team and in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, systems engineers and architects
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Experience with Automated Test frameworks
- Experience working with Linux and Windows operating system, and operating system commands
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps, Configuration as Code, Infrastructure as Code, and CI/CD implementation
- Experience with Jira Xray Test Management plugin
- Experience with test automation using Ansible
- Experience with cloud-based AWS services
- Experience with cloud-based - specifically AWS - enterprise implementations
- Experience with big data applications
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols
- Understanding of network routing devices and network device configurations
- Understanding of ITIL foundation or ITIL certified
- AWS cloud certifications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.