Leidos is excited about our continued work with the Department of Transportation. We are seeking a Senior VMWare System Administrator to work within the Server Engineering team supporting the Infrastructure and Operations Hosting Environment. This position will require expert experience in Windows, Linux, Active Directory, Virtualization, Cloud, and scripting experience to support our Federal Government customer. Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well as documentation skills and perform with minimal supervision.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Working experience building scalable, highly available, mission critical virtual infrastructures
- Experience should include designing, implementing and managing multiple virtual environments & vlans
- Experience or working knowledge of Disaster Recovery technologies helpful.
- Experience or working knowledge of Backup technologies helpful
- Multi-site environment experience.
- Windows Server Operating Systems (2012 to 2019) [expert-level]
- VMware vSphere and Hyper-V Virtualization [expert-level
- Azure and AWS administration and Implementation [expert-level]
- Active Directory engineering and management [expert-level]
- Group Policy Management [expert-level]
- Windows Failover Clustering [expert-level]
- Scripting Experience: PowerShell and VBScript [mid-level]
- Windows IIS web server administration [mid-level]
- Dell PowerEdge Rackmount and Blade servers [mid-level]
- Incident management and troubleshooting skills [mid-level]
- Windows file shares and security administration [mid-level]
- Windows Print Services, Lexmark, Xerox, and HP printer administration [mid-level]
- Windows 10 Desktop Operating Systems [mid-level]
- PKI Architecture and Management [mid-level]
- SQL Server HA Clusters administration [mid-level]
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) [mid-level]
- Smart Card / PIV card / CAC integration experience [mid-level]
- Windows Certificates Services Management [mid-level]
- Unix/Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, Apache, Tomcat) [mid-level]
Education and Certifications
- The position requires a BS Degree and must have a minimum of 8 years of experience supporting server virtualization technology, specializing in VMware systems. However, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. Must have experience leading technical team supporting system operations. Must possess a Data Center Virtualization certification or equivalent. Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2019 Administration (MCSE, MCITP certification) or VMware Certified Professional (VCP-DCV)
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.