The Leidos Defense Group Office of Technology has an opening for a Logistics Solution Architect that will work as a member of a dynamic, integrated team to deliver innovative acquisition logistics, supply chain, and lifecycle sustainment products and services that help our customers transform and modernize their business. The qualified candidate will function as a logistics technical point of contact and/or subject matter expert for various customer-facing activities within the Federal and Commercial business space as Leidos program managers, capture leads, and leaders seek to improve their projects while maximizing high-value capture initiatives and on-contract growth opportunities. The candidate will be expected to support customer shaping efforts, gather and understand project requirements, and support proposal activities. The candidate will be expected to stay abreast of current and emerging industry logistics trends and Leidos core capabilities and use these to craft innovative solutions and/or identify opportunities for technology insertion. The candidate will work as an interface between programs, customers, and Leidos senior management to ensure a common understanding of the customer domain, friction areas, and opportunities to develop new business. The candidate will also work as the lead for the Leidos Logistics Center of Excellence, an enterprise-wide initiative to capture the breadth of logistics capabilities across the corporation, foster communication with key Leidos stakeholders, and advance best practices and new technology where applicable.
The responsibilities for this position include providing technical leadership to programs, capture teams and functional organizations to identify and deliver innovative services and products addressing specific customer needs or problems within the logistics domain:
- As the Leidos Logistics Center of Excellence Lead, identify repeatable logistics solutions, liaising with Leidos Solution Architects and program resources from Defense, Intel, Health, and Civil Groups to foster understanding of logistics capabilities
- Conduct market research and product comparisons for logistics processes and tools, tracking industry trends and assessing technologies for fit within customer tool sets
- Contribute to customer shaping activities, analyzing industry trends and mapping Leidos solution offerings to customer vision for logistics operations.
- Participate in opportunity shaping efforts to drive internal and external customer understanding of technical discriminators and assist in injecting Leidos technology differentiators into customer operations
- Assist in proposal writing & submission, using understanding of acquisition logistics, supply chain management, lifecycle sustainment, and integrated product support trends and Leidos solutions discriminators to craft compelling narratives around Leidos offerings
- Develop solutions that are highly innovative and achieved through research and integration of best practices
- Participate in the identification of new technologies and lead investment projects focused on using those technologies to develop repeatable solutions that increase Leidos differentiation. Determine relevancy and customer impact of new logistics-based technologies
- Support customer and stakeholder meetings and technical discussions
- Act as a subject matter expert in the translation of solution requirements into design documentation
- Lead and supports multiple, simultaneous development projects
- Provide direction on a variety of design decisions including solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build vs. reuse questions, early-phase project estimates, platform selection, and technical designs
- Architect solution designs that leverage commercial fleet management, supply chain management, ERP, business intelligence, web portal and existing capabilities to develop solution architectures based on IT standards and reference models
- Anticipated travel for this role is 25%, dependent upon the stage of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 12-15 years of experience or;
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 10-13 years of experience
- Current SECRET or TOP SECRET security clearance
- Knowledge of supply chain concepts including planning, procurement, inventory, asset management and/or warehousing and distribution
- Have architected and delivered a solution for a major capture/program
- Have led the capture or developed an idea that resulted in direct funding
- Have developed/supported the technical development of a solution
- Have developed/supported the business case for a solution
- Have developed/supported the solution value proposition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas
- Experience in data analytics, software/application development or modeling and simulation
- Certified Supply Chain Professional certification (CSCP), or other logistics certification(s)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.