The Leidos Senior Human Resource (HR) Specialist, Employee Services, will be responsible for providing exceptional support and customer service to employees, managers, HR, Workplace Relations, and other teams as needed in such areas as benefits, leave administration, and other general HR support. We want to ensure that every employee has a positive experience working with HR Services.
- Serve as “one-stop-shop” for employees on all matters including complex benefits and HR issues, basic questions concerning timecharging, travel, required training, expense reports, etc.
- Perform troubleshooting on a variety of issues that may extend beyond the reach of traditional HR, requiring the ability to network cross-functionally and leverage relationships to support our employee customers.
- Provide “beyond best in class” customer service.
- Monitor questions on Prism (company intranet) as needed.
- Facilitate resolution to complex employee and manager inquiries; provide benefits/leave subject matter expertise.
- Handle complex inquiries requiring a detailed or technical knowledge, including those involving benefit programs, plans, or services.
- Investigate and resolve complex problems, handle disputes.
- Recognize customer service delivery issues; recommend and implement solutions to meet service level agreements.
- Provide administrative support for benefit programs.
- Provide employee and manager support for Workday Learning questions and issues.
- Provide interpretation in areas where policy, procedure or requirements are unclear.
- Interface directly with insurance carriers to research and resolve benefit eligibility and enrollment issues; identify root causes to avoid issue recurrence.
- Refer issues to Lead, Supervisor or Director, Employee Services, or Lead, Leave Administration in accordance with escalation procedures.
- Work with Lead, Supervisor or Director, Employee Services or Lead, Leave Administration to ensure effective hand off of escalated cases to COE or third parties.
- Act as a point of contact in planning and organizing complex and/or large scale benefits transactions such as benefits open enrollment or acquisitions.
- Communicate updates and changes to benefit programs to employee populations (i.e. annual open enrollment related changes).
- Act as a point of contact for information residing on the knowledge-based system; ensure that information is up-to-date and easily accessible.
- Provide support for routine employee problem resolution for Workday.
- Within defined parameters and guidelines – review, grant, or escalate requests for administrative corrections for various benefit enrollment/change scenarios.
- Utilize the case management tool to track issues and escalations.
- Collaborate with other HR service delivery areas, HR leadership, etc. on new and existing programs and process improvement initiatives.
- Maintain flexibility and a positive attitude toward innovation and change.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to complex issues
- Ability to use deductive reasoning to assess multi-faceted questions and problems
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make connections with customers in writing
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Experience resolving complex issues utilizing external resources and escalating internally when appropriate
- Experience working with and independently interpreting internal policies and procedures to ensure continuity of business services
- Extensive experience supporting internal customers in a specialized HR capacity
- Commitment to outstanding customer service, both internal and external
- Foundational knowledge of HR, including compliance requirements and benefits
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in business related field coupled with 2+ years related benefits, HR, or other relevant work experience; OR an Associate’s degree coupled with 4+ years related benefits, HR, or other relevant work experience; OR a High School diploma coupled with 6+ years of related benefits, HR, or other relevant work experience.
Targeted Salary Range: $45-50K
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.