Leidos is seeking an Enterprise Telecommunications Supervisor that will serve as the supervisor for a small team responsible for the continued operation and improvement of the United States Antarctic Program’s (USAP) cable plant infrastructure. They will supervise and coordinate cable plant related tasking, host team-planning sessions, track metrics, write and contribute to weekly and monthly reports. This position reports to the Information Technology & Communications (IT&C) Network Infrastructure Manager.
The Enterprise Telecommunications Supervisor must be capable of developing installation plans, working with vendors, and leading teams. Candidate must be capable of performing hands-on installation, maintenance, and repair of inside and outside cable plant. They are responsible for team development, technical leadership, and supervision of a small team of telecom engineers and technicians. Maintains technical expertise in areas of outside-plant, inside-plant, cable management methodologies, and all other relevant technologies. They are also responsible for the quality and timeliness of deliverables and implementation planning and execution. Compliance with existing policies/procedures and direction.
This position retains familiarity, technical details, and support requirements for all USAP cable plant infrastructure used throughout the USAP. This includes McMurdo, Amundsen-Scott South Pole, and Palmer stations, two marine research vessels, and operating locations in New Zealand, Chile, and Centennial, Colorado. This position coordinates support of this infrastructure with geographic based IT&C Station Managers, their staff, and engineering support staff in the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) Centennial office.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Implement and maintain a safe workplace program to ensure that safety is the highest priority on the jobsite.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure the continued operation of all USAP telecommunications and cable plant infrastructure.
- Provide enterprise-level support to the McMurdo Station Telecom staff. Ensure timely completion of assigned tasking. This requires deployment to McMurdo Station, Antarctica.
- Perform seasonal hiring of telecom staff in support of IT&C Station Managers
- Maintain records and documentation in a consistent and professional manner, including outside plant and inside plant cable inventories.
- Responsible for project implementation and delivery. This includes implementation tasking and scheduling. Prepare and maintain project and service records, reports, and correspondence per ASC and IT policies and procedures.
- Complete assigned tasking and deliverables to defined performance and quality levels on schedule.
- Provide professional technical leadership to staff to establish a working environment consistent with Division goals and objectives. Encourage professional development, performance. evaluations, team building, coordination, and cooperation.
- Work with management to determine project staffing and resource allocation requirements.
- Manage staff. Oversee and assign daily tasking of staff. Develop, update, and implement enterprise level telecom standards and procedures.
- Handle confidential matters (e.g., management reports, personnel matters) in accordance with management policy.
- Perform other duties as required.
*** Deployment to Antarctica is required (between 2 to 5 months / year depending on tasking). The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. ***
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or a Master's Degree and 6+ years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 4+ years experience as a supervisor or technical lead.
- Proven expertise leading technical teams.
- Proven expertise coaching and developing technical teams.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a diplomatic and professional fashion.
- Effective organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Expertise in the following areas: Outside Cable Plant installation and repair; Inside Plant installation and repair.
- Demonstrated ability to create and update process documentation.
- Project Management experience.
- Familiarity with Patch Manager cable management system.
- Relevant BICSI certifications.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.