The National Solutions Group at Leidos has multiple openings for Network Cable Technicians (A Polygraph is required to be considered) in direct support of our Broadside program. These positions will be responsible for installing network cabling and other duties defined by the Customer
- Install, maintain, and repair cable systems, most often involved with network communications systems
- Experience in Fiber Optics- installation, troubleshooting, repair, test, and fabrication of single-mode and multi-mode ST, SC, FC/PC type fiber optic connectors, plus various LAN components
- Telecommunications experience across the spectrum, from installation to maintenance and planning of desktops, laptops, servers and LAN equipment
- Perform basic Cisco router configurations to include setup/troubleshooting ports for errors/connectivity
- Test and troubleshoot issues with network communication
- Conduct thorough inspections of cable lines to ensure the system is working correctly
- Repair related poles and towers to resolve cable issues
- Pull, route, or label CAT5 or CAT6 cable
- Install various support structures, including cable racks, j-hooks, innerduct, and other related structures
- Ability to make decisions quickly in high pressure situations where the outcome best serves the customers affected and with minimal impact to services
- Communicate and collaborate with other members of the field service team to resolve complex issues
- Provide high-quality service to all customers
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent with 2+ years of prior relevant experience conducting field installation projects
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance with a Polygraph
- Experienced Cabling Technician
- Experience planning network installations by using work orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site
- Experience establishing voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing copper and fiber optic cables
- Knowledge of mounts telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, cable trays, and alarm systems; installation of racks and cabinets all while following industry standards, best practices and manufacturer requirements
- Must have knowledge of basic computer skills and be able to demonstrate good writing skills
- Must be knowledgeable in codes, industry standards and best practices
- Must work well with little supervision individually and in a team environment
- Verifiable military training on cabling design and/or installation can be substituted for experience
- Ability to use tools such as hammer drills and core drills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to see and distinguish different colors
- Ability to climb ladders
- Previous experience in cabling systems, and/or other related fields
- Extensive knowledge of OSP and ISP cabling.
- Planning acumen to support system and installation necessary to plan out cable runs and other installation tasks
- Security+ Certification
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.