Leidos is seeking a Configuration Management Specialist; position is contingent upon award of the IRS-AMS contract. Award expected November 2021.
The Configuration Specialist will provide change, release and configuration support at the ITIL program office level and support the ITIL functions of Change Management, Release Management, Build Management and Configuration management, as they are executed throughout the ITOPS. These ITIL management disciplines ensure that all components of product releases and infrastructure changes are organized and deployed in a controlled manner enabling a repeatable process. The Configuration Specialist shall review, analyze and standardize release and deployment processes and audit those processes as well. The Contractor shall support the design and implementation of formal procedures, including checks and balances throughout the process. The Configuration Specialist shall identify and mitigate risk to ensure the integrity and recoverability of the production environment and ensure the currency, accuracy, and completeness of the CMDB for all business and technical data elements for IT Operations applications.
The Configuration Specialist will support our efforts in aligning Change, Release and Configuration Management through the enterprise and they will assist with this increased workload. They will support the Configuration Management team with establishing organizational timelines, policy and procedures to meet organizational goals. They will assist with leading SharePoint Project Management, Timelines and documentation efforts.
- Requires ability to communicate with program leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Works with stakeholders and team members to demonstrate acceptability of urgent practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Manage and maintain the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)—enterprise level; as a means to implement continuous process improvement efforts—analyze/modify the current enterprise change framework and provide status reporting prior to and/or after remediation actions/fixes have been engineered and executed; validate deployment plans have been provided and are in compliance with existing performance limitations.
- Provide customers and government lead with accurate, timely information on infrastructure system/service configuration items.
- Document and track modifications using the established CMDB—such as KISAM, or other ITSM system(s).
- Identification of configuration items, implementing change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
- Working on teams to create and maintain software, hardware, and documentation configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.).
- Developing and updating CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to scope of the developmental or operational system.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for ITIL SACM.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management tools including Jira, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins or equivalent
- Ability to Obtain an IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) Clearance
- Must be US Citizen or Perm Resident
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years’ experience or may substitute degree for 13 years of relevant experience
- Relevant industry certification
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes
- Resilient with the ability to find innovative ways around road blocks
- Enthusiasm and curiosity to explore and pick up new technologies and concepts
- Can work in an iterative way starting with ambiguity and loosely structured requirements
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:0
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Pay Range:Pay Range $65.000,00 - $100.000,00 - $135.000,00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.