The NISC IV program at Leidos is an Airspace Project Manager to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Western Service Center (WSC) in Des Moines, WA.
The candidate will provide support to WSC Operations Support Group (OSG) with Director level strategic support and coordination for National Airspace Modernization Initiative efforts; coordination with FAA Headquarters level elements; coordination with FAA Operational Facilities and Air Traffic Services (ATS) District leadership and staff.
Routine duties will include:
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for airspace analysis, review and modification related to Metroplex and Airspace Optimization initiatives and other airspace studies.
- Evaluate the impacts on existing uses of the National Airspace System (NAS) from requests from Metroplex, Airspace Optimization initiatives, and other airspace studies.
- Initiate Airspace Reviews with affected Air Traffic Control (ATC) facilities.
- Prepare and present project briefings and updates.
- Provide Business Process analysis and Strategic Analysis on airspace topics affecting WSC OSG.
- Provide SME analysis for impacts and recommendations to OSG leadership on NextGen Key Program Innovations, including but not limited to: (Trajectory Based Operations (TBO), Data Communications, Performance Based Navigation (PBN), Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B), Decision Support System (DSS) Automation, Oceanic/International Airspace, and Special Use-Military Use Airspace).
Position requires approximately 10% travel.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Des Moines, WA (once temporary Pandemic related remote work is over or when asked to return to the office).
- Previous designation as a Certified Professional Controller (CPC).
- BA degree and 8 + years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 6 + years of prior relevant experience OR additional years of relevant experience may be considered/accepted in lieu of degree.
- Ability to obtain and/or Maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Experience in a staff environment preparing written documents, memos and briefs.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.