Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a System Analyst Engineer who will work within the IS Operations team. The role will sit alongside system analysts and engineers, troubleshooting third line issues with Applications/Servers/Networks. The role will look to continuously improve the current service, automate current processes, fix or develop solutions to problems.
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, the Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is a unique and growing systems and service integrator, delivering innovative solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and change in frontline digital services. In response to the demands of the growing business Leidos requires a System Analyst Engineer to support the pre-sales, bid and ultimately delivery phases for Devolved Government, UK Government, Energy & Transport focused Digital modernisation programmes.
- Providing reports to the business using a combination of Oracle database and Cognos reporting framework
- Operating as part of our third line support team to triage issues and either resolve or work with Developers on a path to resolution
- Available to respond and provide technical support after-hours, weekends and holidays
- Liaising extensively with external or internal customers
- Mapping and documenting interfaces between legacy and new systems
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
- Presenting to stakeholders regarding performance and processes
- Working closely with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Supporting users on change control and system updates
- Providing training and user manuals for the current solution
- Flexible to take on additional infrastructure and technical responsibilities as deem necessary
- Releasing software into production in accordance with current release processes
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience working with automation (Openshift, ansible, docker, Jenkins etc)
- SQL (ideally Oracle) query writing skills to interrogate databases
- Experience as a Systems/Technical Analyst who has been directly involved with the design and implementation of business systems
- 2nd + 3rd level support for capability against multiple Applications and Operating Systems
- Working understanding of maintenance on both Linux and windows based operating systems
- Strong technical aptitude
- Methodical and logical problem solver for resolving complex problems, determining improvement opportunities and implementing resolutions
- Self-starter / self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Fast learner and detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy
- Organised and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Effectively manages time to meet deadlines amidst periodic interruptions.
- Good stakeholder management, technical execution and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - expect to liaise closely with others and write documentation
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Experience working in restricted or complicated environments, ideally working within the MOD RLI.
- Understanding of Logistics and supply chain management working with Enterprise resource planning applications
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework and Experience of working in an agile environment
- Previous experience working with supplier onboarding
- Experience with any of the following systems/technologies:
- Forgerock Identity Management
- IBM Sterling Commerce
- IBM MQ
- IBM WebSphere
- ETL/EDI integrations
- XSLT translation applications/working knowledge of XSL/XML
- Sage X3
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.