Leidos currently has an opening for a Programmer Analyst in Dayton, OH to work on the RECON project, in support of the NGA's Research Directorate. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an R&D environment and support critical warfighter missions. As an Analyst on our team, you will apply remote sensing principles and methods to address R&D challenges in EO/IR imagery systems and image/video collection (characterization and exploitation) problems.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Write scientific code using MATLAB or Python for clutter and noise mitigation, image reconstruction, tracking, detection, feature extraction and classification, stereo, machine learning, signal processing, and radiometric calculations.
- Provide scientific analysis and products collected from the exploitation of EO/IR and multispectral image (MSI) data.
- Support informational briefings for the purpose of educating Analysts and Managers on the capabilities of spectral data and their potential application.
- Develop new analytical techniques, or new applications for existing systems.
- Active TS/SCI with Poly
Required Experience, Skills & Education:
- BS in image science, remote sensing, physics or similar and 4+ years' directly relevant experience. 11+ years' directly relevant experience may in considered in lieu of degree.
- Background in spectral remote sensing, image science
- Experience programming in Matlab, Python, tool development
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5,000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.