The National Airspace Systems Integration Support (NISC) program at Leidos is seeking a UAS Specialist with an Air Traffic Control background. The position will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Central Service Center (CSC) Operations Support Group (OSG) Unmanned Aircraft Systems Team. This position is based in Fort Worth, Texas and is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NISC mission.
The ideal candidate should be able to communicate to a variety of audiences including FAA Headquarters, FAA field offices, Air Traffic Operations, Technical Operations, System Operations and users of the National Airspace System. Experience dealing with each of these organizations is necessary and the candidate must be knowledgeable of FAA orders to develop and provide assessments and technical recommendations. The ability to work in a team environment is critical as this will contribute to the overall success of the deliverable.
Primary Responsibilities for the role include:
- Special Use Airspace (SUA) management, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) operations management, Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFR), procedural waiver reviews, and document change proposals (DCP).
- Preparing Certificates of Authorization or Waivers for UAS operations.
- Participate in UAS Workshops
- Review and coordinate FAA/Department of Defense (DOD) Military Operations Area (MOA) UAS operations and notifications of UAS activities.
- Provide coordination between UAS proponent and facilities for operational missions as needed for active COA’s.
- Provide support for other tactical functions such as Commercial Space, Emergency Planning and Situation Room.
- Requires a BA degree and 8 to 12 years of prior relevant experience or if no degree, additional related work experience in Air Traffic Control can be substituted.
- 10 plus years previous FAA Air Traffic Controller experience in an Enroute Facility or level 10 or greater Terminal Facility or Pilot.
- Must be able to conduct research, evaluations, studies, and develop recommendation to the FAA customer.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience in a staff environment preparing written documents, memos and briefs.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.