If you're interested in being a part of an extraordinary mission, working with our customer who leads global operations for the Army's portion of the DODIN, we could use your experience and enthusiasm! You will be providing your Database Administration expertise to ensure the infrastructure in place allows freedom of action in cyberspace while denying the same to our adversaries.
All of your work will be performed on customer site in Ft Huachuca, AZ and an Interim Secret Clearance is required to begin work on the program.
As a Senior Database Administrator (DBA) within the Regional Cyber Center -CONUS (RCC-C), you will become part of a customer focused team responsible for the ongoing maintenance and documentation of database components supporting critical information systems and enterprise end users. Continual care of the databases is required to ensure that applications and databases operate at peak performance, with integrity and are as secure as possible. Your knowledge in applying Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG's) tracking the DB's security compliance and troubleshooting are vital to this position. You must be proficient in documenting yourprocess for DB optimizations, troubleshooting and new builds. You should be adaptive to changing environments display initiative, good judgment, and have a positive attitude.
These are the required qualifications...
* HS +6 or AA/AS + 4 or BA/BS +2 IT experience/ education
* Must hold current DoD 8570 IAT II certification (GSEC, Security+, SCNP, SSCP)
* Must obtain Microsoft, Oracle, or other related database certifications as designated by the customer within 180 days of start.
* Possess strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly identify the cause of issues with the system or determine if other teams need to be included in resolving an issue
* Able to manage own projects including communications to customers as well as work as part of a larger team managed by a project manager
* Possess excellent team skills, must be thorough, must have excellent communications skills, written and verbal
* Demonstrate initiative and be results oriented with flexibility and tenacity
* Able to continuously adjust priorities to reflect changing circumstances
* Able to work in a dynamic cross-organizational team environment
* Strong dedication to provide quality customer service
* Effective problem-solving skills and inherent decision-making ability
* Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as necessary
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.