At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
We are in search of a Cold Fusion Developer to join our team in Woodlawn Maryland. This opening will support the contracts at the Social Security Administration. Specifically the successful candidate will be a member of an Agile Team working with other Agile development teams, Database Engineers, IT Infrastructure & Operations Team and External System Owners to develop a Disability related application using Cold Fusion and Java web services technologies.
Day to Day Responsibilities
• Attend daily scrum calls and provide status
• Collaborate with Product Owners, developers, testers, DBAs, etc. to review requirements, assess level of effort, and decompose functionality into software components.
• Design, develop, and unit test software modules/functionality.
• Peer review team members code for quality and standards.
• Demonstrate completed functionality and assist testers/Product Owners with approaches to validate features and refine test cases.
• Attend team meetings with team members to understand and refine business features.
• Knowledge of Social Security Administration (SSA) software development practices, environments, and disability applications.
• Experience converting an existing Cold Fusion application to version 2018
• Experience migrating Cold Fusion applications to new hosting environments
• Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies, Jenkins, Jira/VersionOne, Nexus, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy, XML/XSLT, Amazon Web Services, Linux
• Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology.
Education & Qualifications
- BS degree and 4 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.