Leidos is seeking a mid-level System Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. The System Administrator will provide operations support to customers across multiple geographic locations. They will provide operations and maintenance support to existing VDI environments across multiple enclaves and assist with the implementation of new solutions. The administrator will help drive adoption of trusted thin-client platforms and virtual desktops across a diverse user base by focusing on improving the reliability, functionality, and user experience of the systems. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met for internal and external customers.
• Individuals in this role will be required to perform remote administration of servers located in offsite data centers.
• Provide operations support at a Tier 2 level and be able to rapidly distinguish isolated user problems vs service outages.
• Monitor VDI infrastructure and identify system anomalies before they impact customers to include storage availability/capacity, network connectivity, database health, and other daily health checks as required.
• Work closely with Engineering staff to plan out future modernization efforts to meet customer and administrator requirements.
• Collaborate to perform network latency analysis to address slow connections and user experience issues with alacrity.
• Implement minor version and architectural changes to existing, approved, systems
• Coordinate with other Tier 2 teams for testing and deployment of Group Policy modifications
• Perform periodic backups of servers
• Monitor desktop capacity to size the environment based on typical usage trends
• Monitor License and Certificate status on the systems and coordinate the renewal and installation as needed.
• Coordinate with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
• Establish comprehensive availability and capacity management solution using lessons learned
• Develop solutions to technical issues.
• Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
• Periodically review and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for systems and services under your control.
• Update operations and monitoring documentation for 24/7/365 IT watch personnel.
• Provide mentorship and training for junior team members.
• Experience with interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and problems.
• Experience working as a Tier 2 system administrator: familiar with using desktop software applications such as web browsing and client software, and IT Service Management software.
• Knowledge of IC IT standards and best practices.
• Working knowledge of VDI technologies based on Citrix XenDesktop
• Experience with patch and upgrade methodology for front-end and back-end systems based on Citrix technology.
Experience with rapid testing, validation, and deployment of new baseline images
• Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
• Experience with Scripting/Automation
• Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment.
• Time management skills.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results.
• Experience with support ticket management systems.
• Experience mentoring others and/or supervising others.
• Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP).
Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 6 years of relevant experience, Masters degree with 4 years, Associate's with 8 years, or High School Diploma with 10 years.
US Citizenship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
• Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA)
• ITIL Foundations Certification
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.