The ANNEX team in the Intel division at Leidos currently has an opening for an experienced Software Automated Test Engineer to work in our Reston, VA office. In support of a DoD/Intel program, the engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of automation test scripts and test reporting for Offensive Cybersecurity tools within a fully operational test system. The testing will assess cyber tools through an agile development and release process that support critical customer mission goals in the area of OCO.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Work independently or with a team of software and systems engineers and is expected to be knowledgeable in industry-standard testing methodologies.
- Create automated test scripts, assist with creation of test plans, procedures and reports detailing the test process and infrastructure to appropriately assess that tools meet defined requirements.
- Employ automated test tools while operating in a closed, secure environment.
- Research and provide recommendations on automated test tools to fill automated testing gaps and reduce reliance on manual test scripts.
- Use established agile processes to work within the scrum teams to maximize coverage of automated tests, and fill in where necessary with manual test scripts.
- Support applications in O&M status by maintaining automated test scripts as needed.
- Establish the test approach and defect tracking workflow (primarily automated test, augmented with manual tests when necessary) for multiple development scrum teams.
- Contribute to the scrum teams by participating in daily scrums, and proactively working on tasks and resolving obstacles.
- Provide support to DRs identified in service development, delivery and operations
- Must be a dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver that can operate with minimal supervision.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline with 12+ years' experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience with software testing frameworks (similar to Katalon, Selenium, Junit or DART)
- Prior software development and/or scripting experience (e.g., C, C++, Assembly, Python)
- Experience with both Mobile and Web Application testing
- Agile workload management and bug tracking (similar to Jira or BitBucket)
- Experienced in Section 508 compliance testing tools and techniques
- Basic understanding of networking principles and operating system fundamentals (e.g. IOS, Linux, Windows).
- Candidates must be a US citizen at a minimum with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI level with Poly security clearance for consideration
- Experience mentoring, assisting and guiding junior software automated test engineers
- Organizing/supporting user acceptance testing (UAT) prior to Production deployment
- Supporting/conducting Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Experience with automated software testing in cloud environments (AWS/Azure/etc.)
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools
- Negative testing concepts and risk assessment reporting
- Understanding of Personal Security Products and Firewall configurations
- Experience with Code quality and Security scanning tools (e.g., SonarQube)
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.